Keith "Mortin" Whitsitt

123457»

Comments

• ShivianShivian Australia
    edited November 2004
    I am a pretty infrequent viewer of these forums nowadays so I only just found this thread. I didn't know Keith very well except through Apu's Hardware/Icrontic. His site was by far the most interesting tech site that I had come across and was one that was easy to keep coming back to, because you enjoyed the way it was presented. With his humour and style.

Despite differences people may have had with him, you have to respect a guy who gets things done the way they want them done.

Finally my deepest condolences to Keith's family and friends and may he rest in peace.
  • edited November 2004
    To say I'm shocked, indeed is an understatement.

My apologies for not getting to this thread sooner, my real life duties as Transportation Director keep me away from the online arena much lately.

Keith and Icrontic not only brought opportunities to the knowledgable....the platform to bring foward ideas to the enthiusiast community, but the forum for the enthusiast to come and absorb the findings of the resident expert overclockers.

Icrontic was my second home for a wonderful period of time. I was "turned on" to the forum by my dear friend OPPAINTER and soon introduced to dear friend DDTUNG. At that time my pals in all things AMD. Thanks to Morten and staff I was brought aboard as staff and allowed to spread my wings in the overclocking world.

For that opportunity I will be forever grateful.

I only had a couple of occasions to communicate with Morten and he was always a stand up guy with me.

Morten brought to the community in Icrontic, with it's staff, the best of the best.

With Icrontic, DDTUNG and myself were given the stage to organize the 1st 3DMark benching team in the world, uniting the top overclockers to produce some of the most incredible 3D benching of the time. Since that time many, many teams have spawned from Icrontic's original concept producing the best competition ever, and pushing the modification and cooling technologies to new heights.

We can all thank Morten for giving us that stage. May God bless you Morten....and your family.My sincerest condolences.

Best Regards,

Randi "MrIcee" Sica
  • DexterHolland911DexterHolland911 Hong Kong
    edited November 2004
    Ah, the 'old' days of Icrontic's overclocking dominance. Those were the times. Its good to see everyone again, unfortunate it had to be under these circumstances...
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Wow it's great to see all you guys again ...I still have my kt7a-r btw just not my primary system anymore! hehe

I still haven't seen ddtung though ...he must still be around somewhere!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    MrIcee, DexterH - so good to see you again! Holy Cow. Do you think you could get Oppainter and DDTung to drop by and say hello? I apologize if I am assuming incorrectly that you know where they are.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Leonardo wrote:
    MrIcee, DexterH - so good to see you again! Holy Cow. Do you think you could get Oppainter and DDTung to drop by and say hello? I apologize if I am assuming incorrectly that you know where they are.
    see post #125 for oppainter!
    edited November 2004
    Ahh, good. Thanks for dropping by, Opp! :thumbsup:
  • edited November 2004
    Hi all, some I know, most I don't...Sad day for us all.
    Bye Keith.
    edited November 2004
    Phildo,

Thank you so much for dropping in. Thanks for visiting your friends.
  • edited November 2004
    Man, I'm in a bit late, I know. I wish I could have found out about this much, much sooner than I did, but....

I can't really say anything except 'condolences.'

I'm another one of the old shard people. I talked to Mortin on occasion, I saw the site get hacked, and then I saw it all go up for sale. Back then, it was pretty surreal, in my opinion, and I guess it still is. I never really participated in the forums all that much, and it was under a different name (Sabin, for the curious, although I doubt you'll know me unless from the shards). Honestly, I don't participate in any forum all too much, but I was quite an avid reader of Apu's Hardware/Icrontic, but when the shards (Plural, as there were two for a while. The sphere server and the POL server) came around, that's what called a good chunk of my attention.

Even if I didn't talk to him constantly, well, he'll still be missed.

I guess I was lying about the not being able to say anything.
  • edited November 2004
    I just registered to say that if it weren't for Icrontice I never would have found great OC'rs like DD, Opp, and MrIcee. I really appreciate what Mr. Keith Whitsitt has done for my involvement in computers. His contribution in the form of Icrontic has shaped many decisions I have made.

Thanks Keith,
    Vette
  • XZGohanXZGohan Scottsdale, Arizona Member
    edited December 2004
    I was cleaning out my no longer used email address and found this.

How unexpected :( He was a pretty damn cool guy. I loved those ghetto hardware articles... damn.

RIP. Mortin.
  • edited May 2010
    Many years have gone friend, still havent forgotten you Mortin, hope you doing well wherever you are

/Ego
    primesuspect