Moving offices - Slowing folding Nooooo!!!!

tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
edited December 2004 in Folding@Home
I am moving from one building to another - so I have to shut down my farm and move it - this means loss of folding - it's bizzare how addictive this is - I am working ways to keep the machines working till the last minute and they are the 1st things to then be moved and plugged back in - I actually might see some red in my rear view for the 1st time *GRIN*

I'll have it all back soon and I'll be adding more machines when we are in our new more modern premises

Fold on

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    I may have mentioned this before, but it is a strange sickness we have.... a strange sickness..... :thumbsup:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited December 2004
    Here's a suggestion, Just put "Donuts" in for a username. :D

Just hear me out, you won't be quite so frazzled moving somebody elses machines and when they are up and running again, you could leave a couple for me. Just to sort of ween you off your addiction. :D

Didn't think you would buy it. ;D

Good luck in the move,
    :smokin:
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited December 2004
    This is how sad I am - I have 16 machines - sitting on the floor - their desks and everything else has been dismantled to be set up in the new premises - so instead of just packing up the machines I have set up powerboards and a 16 port switch to run them till their new home is ready .... my staff think I am mad :D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Well, you are, of course! :mullet: :ausflag:
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    If you've got some spare powerful uninterruptible power supplies maybe they could keep the machines company while they're in transit :thumbsup:
    edited December 2004
    EMT wrote:
    If you've got some spare powerful uninterruptible power supplies maybe they could keep the machines company while they're in transit :thumbsup:

Now THERE is an idea - I do have 4 double height UPS they would be enough to keep the CPU's going for at least 20 to 40 minutes ........ (starts designing powered transport rig)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2004
    Judging by your production, moving your Folding arsenal looks to be quite a job. Good luck in your new digs. :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    I can see it now.... Several UPS's on the bottom of a huge pneumatic wheel cart... PC's with wireless NIC's on the middle shelves, a LCD display that swings down from the bottom of the top shelf. On the top of the shelf, a wireless access router.... that would allow you to move the systems around to anywhere in your complex. Next step, a cell phone Data antenna and then you could move the cart anywhere there is cell signs.... better yet, mount a 2000 watt generator!!!!! (you may need a small engine to get the cart to move though)....

Patent pending.....
    edited December 2004
    O.K I have found my new car
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2004
    tcith wrote:
    O.K I have found my new car

;D;D;D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    My ideas are always being stolen... grrrr....