2K - Network Bridge?

EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
edited December 2004 in Science & Tech
Due to the per-computer bandwidth restrictions here, I'd like my laptop to have its own IP address on the network; currently it's running on NAT through my desktop via wireless ad-hoc. The desktop is running Windows 2000, which I thought was great since I could do all this NAT manually. But I've realized that it'd be better to have a network bridge between the school network adapter and the wireless adapter so that the laptop could just obtain an IP from the school, remaining wireless but directly on the network. This way it would be able to use bandwidth more freely where before it fell into the desktop's restriction class. So that's the background.

Now, Windows XP Professional is free for me and I know it can bridge these connections; I'm pretty sure that would be successful in doing what I've described. But I'd rather not go through that process and I prefer Win2k anyway. So I'm thinking Windows 2000 should be able to bridge 2 network adapters even if it takes a little more work, but I can't find anything about it on google! Does anyone know if it's possible?