Bying advice and room decorating

EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
edited December 2004 in Hardware
Well lets start out small. I'm about to buy some new stuff and need to know what you think.

The first thing i'm wondering is. Is Creative MuVo TX FM a good player. The few reviews i've found seems to think so but i want your advice as well. I'll be getting the 512 mb version. Sure it's expensive but then i'll know i wont be running out of memory anytime soon.

I want flashbased so that it's rugged and i don't need gb of music just something small. Please don't let whatever you think about their soundcard affect your advice.

The second is the Samsung Syncmaster 710T. I'm really tired of this big thing infront of me and since i'm moving soon i want something lightweight. Especially since i'll be placing things in some rather weird ways after i move if i can so the monitor need to be small. Since the one i have now still works i'll keep it around as backup.

I'll be gaming so i need a monitor capable of that. I've heard lots of good thing about syncmaster in general so i don't think i'll be making a mistake by getting one. Like the case with the mp3-player, reviews are hard to come by hence why i hope to get some "costumer reviews" from you.

I'll be ordering this weekend so don't take to long before answering.

Other stuff in my order which will be from komplett.se is:
a 2 or perhaps 3 meter long dvi cable for the monitor
toner for my ML 1750 laser printer. i don't know when i'll run out so i'll get one know just in case.
two 2 meter long ps/2 extension cables for mouse and keyboard. Don't feel like gooing wireless and worry about batteries.

Since what i'm bying is greatly affected by how i intend to decorate my room after i move, i'll tell you more a little later. I'm tired of typing. :p

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Can't say much about the MP3 player, but the monitor I can vouch for. Samsung makes great panels. I had a syncmaster 19" and it was fantastic for gaming.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited December 2004
    Ok i was going to do it with pics and all but i'm tired now so i'll start by just explaning what i'm thinking about. BTW the reason i've doing it like this and not HTPC is because i got talked out of it since it prolly wouldn't give i nice image quality.

Since the room a meant for a tv it will have a tv and surround speakers placed like any ordinary setup. Nothing complicated there. The tv in one end of the room with a small window to the right and a door in the rear left. The chair i'll sit in will be on the wall opposite the tv. BTW this is in a basement. The sub will most likely be on the right side of the tv with the controll panel for it on the left. The computer will most likely be to the left of the tv as well on it's own table.

On a seperate table which i will put casters on i will put the keyboard, mouse and monitor. The size of that table is 120x70 cm so it's quite big. It will be placed in the middle of the room when i want to game or just listen to something through the speakers and then be rolled to the left when i want to watch movies. It will also hold all my remotes.

It might seem like i need to buy alot but that's wrong. I wouldn't even need a new monitor to do this just casters and perhaps extension cables, so it wont be expensive just complicated. So what do you think. Am i in over my head here.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited December 2004
    I wont be getting any new monitor just the mp3 player. Considering the way i have planned to put things i wont need a lighter nor bigger one so i'll put the money on other stuff. My order will now be mp3player and toner for printer.

As for room decoration well i'll figure something out. There are so much i don't know about the room so it's best not to make to many plans. Now i'm heading to sleep its been a long day. I'll make the order tomorrow but please keep those opinions comming (since there's only been one), i would like to know what you think. :thumbsup: