My new case.

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited January 2005 in Hardware
My new case. From xoxide. Only cost about 80 bucks. Which I didnt think was to bad with temp sensor and LCD. Completly covered inside with dust filters. Only real mods are two cathodes in the bottom. Not much of a modder here. . The inside is pretty clean. Maybe I will snap some shots of that later. :D

Comments

• KometeKomete Member
    edited January 2005
    I was looking at that case there the other day... shes perty please do post some inside shots.. oh and a tootsie roll would be nice :)
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Along with that, what kind of fans are you running, how many, and are they noisy? That looks like a pretty case, and I'm interested in how much noise it makes being that open. What temps are you getting?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    It has mac stank all over it. ;D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Mac stink? Well, yes...but that's a good thing in this case (oops, pardon the pun). It is an attractive case.

Do you have a link for us, or specific name and model number? I'd really like to see the internal layout and construction.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    The case he has: http://www.xoxide.com/v-tech-x-focus-7105h-black.html

The same case w/o the digital display and 3 intakes instead: http://www.xoxide.com/v-tech-x-focus-7104h-silver.html

The same case w/o either: http://www.xoxide.com/v-tech-x-focus-7103h-silver.html

They're all very nice looking, that's for sure.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Make sure you cut out that restrictive fan duct in the rear of the case. Install a circular fan grill. You will have MUCH better exhaust flow while still maintaining safety for your fingers.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    AS far as temps go, Im running an 2100+ (JUIHB and i forgot the week) at 180 x 12.5 with a 1.825vcore and on Abit nf7s rev 2. I have a Vantec Tornado (80mm) and an SLK 800u. idle temps are 41c, and the load is 43c. The case fans I have in there now all need replacing. Low cfm antec quad led fans. I can't really tell you anything about the noise level of the 120mm fan that it came with, mainly becuase i can hear the tornado fro manywhere in the house. the case irself is a little flimsy, but once you install parts it stiffens up a bit. The metal is kinda thin so if any one else gets this case, or some other varation, be very careful. The LCD part of the case, is somewhate less than I expected. It tells me my temp and uptime. thats it. So I might try and repleace itrwith something, or just get a unit for the 5 1/4 bay. Overall I like the case. It's now as clucnky as my old Cheiftec Dragon. :thumbsup: