If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

post your desk

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited Aug 2003
    It was worse- I picked up all the dirty clothes and stuff off the floor before I took those pics.. the clothes on the bed are clean. That pic was at like 11:30 this morning. It's now 7:52 PM, and the clothes are still sitting on my bed. Except now they're under most of the crap off my desk. :rolleyes:
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited Aug 2003
    haha, I feel you Geeky, my clothes are everywhere in my room. Maybe we should have a post your dirty room thread, we would have some interesting pics I'm guessing, haha

I might try to clean my room, but it would just get worse so I'm trying to prevent that, hehe
  • SweetLouSweetLou Florida
    edited Aug 2003
    meh desk
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited Aug 2003
    nice setup Lou

my desk is messy 6 days a week..I clean it every sunday, heh
  • dancerdancer Blue Mountains, Australia
    edited Aug 2003
    Here's Mine.

desk3.jpg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Aug 2003
    Dancer:

Wtf is that white thing hooked up to serial? A hand scanner? A barcode reader? I haven't seen one of those since the 80's!! WTF are you doing with that?
  • dancerdancer Blue Mountains, Australia
    edited Aug 2003
    Barcode Scanner, I run a Small Computer Buisness from home, and i find it usefull for puting sup serial no's into a database. (saves me typing them out.)
  • GarethGareth Wales
    edited Aug 2003
    Geeky1

That first picture of your room was so spooky.
    It was just like walking into my son's room, after he's tidied up;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited Aug 2003
    Geeky1 said
    Oh wait. I thought this was the "post a pic of all your crap on your desk so people can guess at what the desk actually looks like" thread. :rolleyes: That pic was from this morning. I'm cleaning it all up now, so I'll post a pic of it cleaned up when it's done. As I've said before, I don't clean my room- I conduct archaeological digs.

Truly scary :eek:
    edited Aug 2003
    Finally finished cleaning my room. It's not as messy as it looks. Really, it's not. It just the angle of the picture... the mass on top of the printer is a MSI Pro266TD-LR (or something like that) dual p3/ddr board, and an NF7-S v2.0... I simply ran out of space for motherboards, so I set 'em on top of my printer... :rolleyes:

Also, that grey lump to the left of my monitor (the big one in the background; the small one is an external 5.25" enclosure with a coolermaster drive cooler & a 60gb hdd...) is my bench power supply... the crap on top consists of one of the SLK-800As, an old SLK-800 (pre-a/u) a SLK-900A, an AX7, a Globalwin CAK38-2 with a low profile fan, and a dinky little Coolermaster 50x50mm aluminum socket 7/370/a heatsink that's rated for a duron/athlon 950... it's been lapped to +/- 0.0001" with 3 micron lapping film and has a custom clip on it- it's going on the nForce2 northbridge on the NF7...

Oh, and I bought one of those cube cases today... :D

So yeah, it's not messy... I just ran out of space for heatsinks and motherboards and stuff in the storage unit thingy I have for computer parts, so I just put the rest of it on my desk... :rolleyes2
    edited Aug 2003
    one more from a different angle...
    edited Aug 2003
    looks better Geeky, I give it half a month and it will be in the same shape though :)
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited Aug 2003
    Clutch said
    looks better Geeky, I give it half a month and it will be in the same shape though :)

5 days here ;)
    edited Aug 2003
    Half a month? 5 days? Give it until Tuesday... :rolleyes:
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited Sep 2003
    Its a larger and better pic of my desk. Some stuff added and some stuff slightly moved round from my last.
    desk.jpg 122.6K
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited Sep 2003
    I've been meaning to get a digi camera so i can take a pic and show off meh stuff..lol
    edited Sep 2003
    Digital cameras are the shiznit fo sho. I love my Nikon, always there when I need her, I think I am going to start taking it with my to school and around town in case I find a nice car I want to take a pic of, or like I did at Disney World, take pics of chicks rear ends :)
    edited Sep 2003
    Ya remember how I said it'd be a mess again by tuesday? Guess what... I was right. It's a mess (again) :rolleyes:
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited Sep 2003
    Geeky ur room looks tame compaired to mine after i've cleaned it :D I cleaned my room out about a week ago and found parts from a comp i ripped apart ~ 7yrs ago :rolleyes:

I seriously gotta look into gettin a digi camera

Oh and whys there so much light in all of these rooms, where the curtains opened just for the pics;D ;D
    edited Sep 2003
    Red, that's a rather scary thought. As for the lighting, the blinds were actually closed in my room. I just can't stand having a dark room. Hell, all my lights weren't even on for those pics...

I dunno how everyone else lights their rooms, but mine's got 4 ~15w compact fluorescent lightbulbs (the kind that replace regular incandescent bulbs) in the ceiling fan. Each bulb puts out about as much light as a 60w incandescent (or so they claim...) so that's 240w, plus 2 15w fluorescent desk lamps, a 3rd 15w fluorescent strip light under the hutch on part of my desk, a 28w compact fluorescent 50/50 (actinic/10k kelvin) light on the aquarium, a 150w incandescent lamp on my nightstand... so the total light output is probably about = to what a single, 800-1000w incandescent bulb would put out (not including the lava lite or plasma-globe-thingy), spread over a 14x11' area... I'm actually trying to talk my parents into letting me put track lighting up too... I can't STAND dark rooms. I need light to work by d@mnit! :D
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited Sep 2003
    BEFORE:

Old desk, which is just a sheet of plywood on an old 1-room school house desk...
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited Sep 2003
    AFTER: - 56K WARNING

O'Sullivan Satin Cherry Computer Workstation and new rig all hooked up.

Smaller 14" monitor is hooked up to my older P4 2.26 rig.

Sure cleaned the room up a bit :)

*hint* Notice the folding farm in the background infront of the guns... *hint* :D
    edited Sep 2003
    Nice set up SimGuy, I like the desk kudos to the nice neat farm also :)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ @TheButterflyman Icrontian
    edited Sep 2003
    20 Things to note:

1. Blue 'robo-CD holder' (on 'The Black Box'), and little silver clock (under the monitor) are courtesy of www.4imprint.com

2. Desk calandar Courtesy of ATI

3. Headset has seperate access to telephone line from the regular phone, with its own key-pad.

4. My bevarage is Yellow, and is in an olive jar.

5. Slats of cardboar cover the window.

6. The Palm Zire is connected to the computer. Next to it, unconnected is a Palm brand CF reader, and a Kingston 64mb pen drive.

7. There are blue, fuzzy dice and a Kingston key lanyard hanging from the rear-view mirror.

8. Back scratcher is within easy reach, on top of monitor.

9. My stapler is blue.

10. The scanner takes up more room than any other device, and is used the least.

11. Seat-level A/C unit

12. My 'Shadow Era 2' tile coaster is not being used.

13. The stack of cards at the corner of the desk, all have Latin words written on one side, and the English translations on the other side. These get used durring load times.

14. The image of Mars on the screen was taken on Trinity's snd my birthday this year, when it was closest to earth.

15. My window blinds are broken, but it doesn't appear to be a concern.

16. There are too many wires under my feet.

17. The bulb in my lamp will last for 6 yrs. Guaranteed!

18. I was in my underpants when I took this picture.

19. My printer is not in the picture, but you can see the cable that leads to it.

20. The chair is cold.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited Sep 2003
    Your beverage is YELLOW?
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Is that piss water?
  • edited Sep 2003
    Check out the dorm room desk goodness!!

fun things to look at:
    1. The chattering teeth to the left of the monitor
    2. the pez dispenser next to the chattering teeth
    3. SM on the screen
    4. huge wire mess behind the monitor
    5. blue piece of paper to replace the missing foot under the tower
    6. stupid safe that just takes up room on the shelf and is $40 a semester to use
    7.you can't see it in the pic, but the sub under the desk has a sock shoved in it because it was too much bass
    8. huge C++ book in the corner
    9. My roommate's pink sheets
    edited Sep 2003
    Swettacular said

9. My roommate's pink sheets

Don't be scared to show your femine side, hehe ;D we all know those are your sheets, j/k
  • morfeumorfeu Lisbon, Portugal
    edited Nov 2003
    my desk a few minutes ago, yeah, i need to get a bigger one.. :)
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited Nov 2003
    not usually this clean :)
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited Nov 2003
    here is a picture of my desk right now, it's a mess.