some shuttle sff i845 system
2 x 512 generic ram @ 2.5 / 3 / 3 / 7
radeon 9500 pro
1) halflife 2 crashes a lot. right after the install it worked for about 3 hours
2) memtest86+ cant seem to get past test 4, ever
things i tried:
1) tried both sticks of ram individually
2) checked voltages, looked good. it reports vcore at 1.5v. apparently it doesn't read VDD at all, and nothing is adjustable in the bios
3) temperatures seem out of control to me, reads 60c for system and 80c for cpu, but it has ALWAYS done this and it seems to work fine under load. the only things that have ever given it problems are halflife with its crashing issues, and WoW drops to about 10fps in instances (from 60, probably unrelated).
4) updated all drivers, made sure xp was up to date
can you guys think of what i need to check here? im really tempted to say maybe the vid card is overheating, but why the hell does memtest CRASH?