Cool looking Socket-A mobo for cheap?

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I'm going to be modding out a case to try to win the casemod contest at LANWAR in October. If there is a casemod contest. Anyway... I'm of course going to have a window. It needs to look really cool everywhere, and I was wondering if there was a neat looking Socket A mobo I can procure rather inexpensively? I don't want a green or brown PCB, in other words. Going with a blueish light scheme, so anything that would look good with that.

Thanks!

Comments

• Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2003
    CS K7S5A Pro ~$50 shipped from Newegg

How about a UV sensitive (glow in the dark) mobo DFI LanParty KT400A
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Gigabyte boards <i>[: profuse shuddering :]</i> have blue PCBs.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    Soyo Dragons have Black/Silver PCBs...
    Aopen boards are usually black...
    As Thrax said, Gigabyte uses Blue...
    Albatron's got a nice mATX NF2 board with a blue pcb, blue agp slot, and green/purple RAM slots... it's a KM18G Pro (see newegg)
    ABIT's AT7-2 is black...
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    I have the model down from the one Omega has specified. This isn't because I'm cheap or anything, it was the only one available at the time. Also its brown, but as for performance its one of the best boards i've had.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    The K7S5A is ok, for a dirt cheap board, but frankly I don't like them very much. I configured the 4 clients my grandparents donated to habitat for humanity with K7S5As and XP1800s... they're OK, I haven't had any complaints, the board layout is decent, but they have no OCing features, and I haven't exactly been rendered speechless by their performance (altho they are hardly slow)... I'd recommend a MSI (red pcb with blue lighting may look a bit off tho...) Soyo, Gigabyte, DFI, or Soltek board (Soltek uses Gold PCBs on some of their boards now)

Consider a Tyan R9700 Pro too- they're blue as well.
  • OldDogOldDog Whittier,Ca.
    edited June 2003
    Soyo ultra platinum is a beautiful board with all the features
    anyone could ever want, but hardly cheap! (159.95 USD) On
    a budget the Albatron KT-400 8X, a very pretty blue in color,
    might be a better choice with a blue lighting scheme, and less
    than half the price. (about $75 USD)