No lights

SweetLouSweetLou Florida
edited August 2003 in Science & Tech
On a Abit nf7-S i cannot get the mobo to even acknoledge there is a cable plugged in. No lights at all! I have tried two diff Cables and still no luck. Its enabled in the bios and installed in wondows. It relizes there is a ethernet controler on the motheboard but atlast I still get no lights and it say " Network cable is unplugged ''

Is my Ethernet port on the mobo Dead?:banghead:

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    The cable could be dead too. Do you have another to test?
    errr...i now reread your post.

/me feels dumb

It sure sounds like it is dead :(
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    What are you suppose to have on the other end of those cables?
    A switch? Another computer? Jenna Jameson?
    There´s no chance for us to be able to help if you don´t tell us what you are trying to do. If there´s nothing at the end of that cable, you will get that message.
  • SweetLouSweetLou Florida
    edited August 2003
    yummm jennna........................... Ok back on topic. Its plugged into my hub. All the other 4 comps read except that one
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Make sure it's not in an uplink port, and that you're using a straight-through cable and not a crossover...
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I take it as you already tried one of the other computers cable since they are working.

In the device manager, is there a yellow mark on the ethernet controller? Has it worked before?
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    have u installed the drivers off the abit nf7-s??

//edit...no there should still be lights...regardless...even when the comp is off...so that doesnt count too much...it does seem like its dead...try to buy a cheap 5 buck dlink 530+ or sumthing like that...see if that works...