Using Audigy Platinum without Front Panel...

SweetLouSweetLou Florida
edited August 2003 in Hardware
I was organizing my cables under my desk and my sound plug from my computer to my speakers fell on my Bat back up and fried my on board sound. Now i have to use my Audigy Platinum BUT I was wondering If i can use the Platinum card without installing the front panel for the platinum?????

Comments

• SweetLouSweetLou Florida
    edited August 2003
    Ok this doesn't suck as bad as i thought it did! I got the audigy driver pack with no software just drivers. Didnt install the front panel and it went it sweet! I will have to say

Audigy Platinum - the front panel = Teh Win!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Welcome to our forums, SweetLou :)
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Hey, man... Where at in Florida do you live?
  • SweetLouSweetLou Florida
    edited August 2003
    Ft Pierce
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Hmm.. On the other coast.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    IMO the frontpanel was the only thing that was good on that package. Glad you have sound :D
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    You only need the front pannel to change the output frequency of the S/PDIF output, change the speaker configuration and/or play about with preset EAX environments. So unless you need any of those things then you are alright without the panel.

You also need it to change the midi packs, but I highly doubt anyone uses or cares about those anymore.

You can still switch to S/PDIF and alter the Bass & Trebble levels through the standard audio mixer (the one by the clock when it is turned on) and just tick "Advanced Options" from the tools menu to get to the options.

NS
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited August 2003
    Welcome to the forums SweetLou! Enjoy your stay, as I'm sure you'll find Short-Media a very helpful place to ask any tech questions or to just hang out in the Pub.

Thread title changed to something a little more... descriptive :)