Not sure what the problem is

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited February 2005 in Hardware
I turn on the computer, it starts to laod windows, and avter about 1.5 seconds of the spash screen for windows xp, it reboots. I have had some rebooting issues while gaming before, random memory errors and such, so i decided to run memtest, everthing is fine, no errors. I switched the video cards, checked my voltages, checked my cpu temps, set my cpu to stock speeds, reset cmos, you name it. So now that I am out of ideas I need some help.

Abit NF7S-rev2 not sure of the drivers
AMD 2100+ with a thermalright slk 800u and vantec tornado
2 x 512 of twinmos pc3200 (windbond chips)
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128 cat 5.1
Running on windows xp pro sp2 biuld #2600

Not sure what else you need to know

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited February 2005
    Ive run into that problem before, the only cure I have found is a reinstalation of windows. Ive also had problems with drivers making my machine blue screen, i switched to the latest Radeon Omega drivers, and I havent run into any trouble.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    Well, here is what I think happened. I have a HDD in a removable enclosure, so I'm thinking the HDD just got way to hot and caused some data loss, if that i possible. I have a hard drive do a similar thing a while back. It was also in the enclosure. So i just wont use it anymore. :thumbsup:
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited February 2005
    how hot is the hdd getting? if it burns you when u touch it u need a means of cooling it, hot hhds will die faster and cause the computer to crash.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited February 2005
    it wasnt so hot that it burned me, but it certainly was warmer than the one running inside of my case, not in the mobile encolsure. Windows has been re-installed and all is well.