need to download foxconn sound driver.

edited January 2010 in Science & Tech
hey ive opened up my computer to check the sound card because i have no sound on the computer at the moment. all i can see is foxconn written on it. its also integrated with the motherboard. its an amd athlon xp 2400+ computer. any help would be appreciated because i have no idea where to find it!

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    what chipset is your motherboard??

i found a foxconn site where they listed their motherboards, and after u click on the motherboard u own it will take you to that pafe, and then u can download drivers for that motherboad.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/redesign/productsOverview_motherboard.cfm?pSocket=Socket%20A&pChipset=
  • edited April 2005
    hi, could some1 help me w/ FoxConn's as well ?

(I've looked on FoxConnChannel.com site, but 'vent found my model listed there)

here's what I saw on my soundcard : FoxConn 1237C (or 1237CC)

Model No: Gateway (GM) MFATXPNT ESA 500LP04)

pls help, thanks :)
  • edited April 2005
    nvmind i've got that from the mainboard manuf. site (gateway.com)
  • edited May 2005
    hey im Jason White was wandering if you got that Foxconn thing soted cuz i have the same problem i just cant get sound thrugh my pc. If you could let me know it would great....cheers
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited May 2005
    He got it from gateway.com
  • rykoryko new york
    edited May 2005
    i think everybody is confused. foxconn is not your integrated sound card manufacturer. foxconn doesn't manufacture onboard sound chips. however they do make the audio connector box for almost all mobos.

you need to idenify the sound chip on your mobo and then download the newest audio drivers from the chip manufacturer's website. my guess is realtek since they are in about 90% of the mobos with onboard sound. but that is just a stab in the dark without more info.

if people would just list their specs when asking a question it would make our job here at SM much easier...
  • edited February 2006
    hey ive opened up my computer to check the sound card because i have no sound on the computer at the moment. all i can see is foxconn written on it. its also integrated with the motherboard. its an amd athlon xp 2400+ computer. any help would be appreciated because i have no idea where to find it!
    hello plz i need this draev more
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2006
    What brand and model is your motherboard?
  • shankleshankle London
    edited February 2006
    Ok basicly i have an 'ASUS K8V-X' motherbourd but the sound card is intergrated and yes it says 'foxconn' on it. I went to the Asus website an downloaded a auido driver wich did not work. then i went to the foxconnchannel website to do the same. Now the Foxconn website only asks for spercific motherbourds in order to download driver, but this leaves me with no option becuase i do not have a foxconn motherbourd?????????? please help, i also read upove that i should specifi what foxcon sound card, but how do i do this???? please help?
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited February 2006
    shankle wrote:
    Ok basicly i have an 'ASUS K8V-X' motherbourd but the sound card is intergrated and yes it says 'foxconn' on it. I went to the Asus website an downloaded a auido driver wich did not work. then i went to the foxconnchannel website to do the same. Now the Foxconn website only asks for spercific motherbourds in order to download driver, but this leaves me with no option becuase i do not have a foxconn motherbourd?????????? please help, i also read upove that i should specifi what foxcon sound card, but how do i do this???? please help?

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/ad1980/WDM_3663.zip
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited February 2006
    Foxconn does not make the sound chip. They make the connector jack you see on the back of the pc. No one has foxconn sound you have a foxconn connector.
  • shankleshankle London
    edited February 2006
    oh ok so ive got a foxconn connecter then so does this mean my actual sound card is 100% the same make as the motherbourd, if it is intergrated?
  • shankleshankle London
    edited February 2006
    this is good but still i dont know what to do?
  • shankleshankle London
    edited February 2006
    ok ive installed 'soundmax' and the audio controler tab on the device manager is installed, meadia player is playing but i still cant get no sound?
  • edited April 2006
    I have the same problem. How doew one find the motherboard mfg. & id informaiton?
    edited April 2006
    What is printed on the board itself?
  • edited May 2006
    I Have a simmilar problem and am running with no sound ATM.
    The foxconnchannel site has sound drivers etc but they make no difference, the message i get is that i have no sound driver !
    Where do i get a sound driver os how do i get soundMAX to install as the process will run but always fails at the last hurdle
    :scratch:
  • edited July 2006
    shankle wrote:
    ok ive installed 'soundmax' and the audio controler tab on the device manager is installed, meadia player is playing but i still cant get no sound?

Im getting the same problem. In Device Manager it says my audio devices and controllers are working and intact, however, sound refuses to work on the system. I checked out my computers specs using Belarc - http://www.belarc.com/ba5.html?B but i still am unable to locate the probelm, or find the correct driver. Neither soundmax or asus drivers are working. Very frustrating indeed. Help would be appreciated.
    cheers
  • edited July 2006
    Ok, it says I have audio drives, but whenver I run something with sound it says.
    "Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code blah blah"

I can't even see my sound card since the foxconn pieces are covering it. The motherboard reads '250W PS 661MxPro'

I've tried the systemax website for drivers (funny that they have none) and even where I got the machine, but nothing. reformatting always has random issues like this, sigh.
  • smmsmm
    edited July 2006
    I had the same problem with Windows XP 64 bit edition sound card driver. Foxconn is the connector, right next to it there's a small chip that said Realtek on my motherboard. After trying a million drivers, the one on this site worked for me :)
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True
  • edited March 2007
    Hello Everyone :) Nice to be one of you ^^
    Here's the thing :
    I'm a newbie in all of this and i wanted to ask for help
    I have a Foxconn Motherboard (sound too i guess...)
    when i cheked for the refrences in it i found only this
    UYBJ3703030 ! ..... also Intel donno if it's help !
    i lost my cd drivers! (stupid -_-")
    So please help me out ^^ as soon as possible
    Thank you again
    edited March 2007
    See if there is an FCC ID number anywhere on the board.

You can also look at the chips themselves and see what the markings are on them.
  • edited March 2007
    Hii thanks for the help , well actually i checked evrywhere but nothing
    sorry i know i gave poor information to let you help me!!
  • edited September 2007
    I have a Focconn mother board. I know that because it has Foxconn written on it in big white letters. I don't know what type of audio card it has on the mother board (i'm more of an OS guy than a hardware guy). Device manager Identifies the audio card as a multimedia audio card. I tried opening up the case, but couldn't ID the integrated soun card. I also tried checking my BIOS but found nothing there.

Any help you could give me would be greatly apreciated.
  • xodusssxodusss Arizona
    edited January 2010
    Have to agree with the post by <cite class="ic-username">ryko</cite> surrealist dog on this one. Our website had hundreds of thousand of drivers there for free download by anyone. With over 400 emails coming in each week looking for support, most don't include enough info for us to track down which components they need.
    Gateway has an unconventional model nameing setup.
    Just giving us your model number won't help in most cases, as it is not the actual model number of the unit.
    Most of the time, I need your ten digit serial number starting with 00 to find out which unit you actually have. Also, running a diagnostic software like belarc or everest will tell you what your real number is.
    As an example, I get about 40 emails per week on the E4000. There is not just an E4000, that series has over 40 different model numbers and configurations.
    Many times, they will send me a request for a particular model number, they can't find drivers online anywhere that work, because they are installing the wrong drivers for that motherboard configuration. So, when requesting tech help, include you serial number. Run a diagnostic program if necessary to id your real model number or your actual motherboard. It will get your unit running better and faster, and it will help those of us doing tech support to solve your questions faster.