Call Of Duty Demo

TiribulusTiribulus HOCKEYTOWN USA
edited September 2003 in Gaming
KIXA$$, but really short. Completed it in like a half hour. Full game should be sweet.
>>>--Tiribulus-->:D

Comments

• edited August 2003
    It really all that great? It's been available to me as a fileplanet subscriber, but I was unsure if it would be any good.
  • TiribulusTiribulus HOCKEYTOWN USA
    edited August 2003
    Quite engaging. Right off the bat, on your toes, furious action. Not to mention the best use of the Q3A engine yet. Totally redone from what I've read and boy does it show. Picture a cross between RTCW and MOHAA on steroids. If you like this kind of game, you'll love it. Like I say, the demo is short and pretty much kill or be killed, but moves so fast you don't have time think about it in too much detail.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    It's just refreshing not to see EA's grimy history-slanting fingers all over it.

The same talent that made MOHAA made this game. MOHAA has miserably obvious errors in textures, guns, and levels (IE, the wrong patches on uniforms, disproportionate details or missing geometry on weapons, etc), which means EA is responsible for all the mistakes.

Good to know the MOHAA team DOES have talent.
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited August 2003
    I think I read somewhere that all the soldiers have the twin vertical silver bars, which means Captain. Hmmm... :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Played it the day it was released and I simply love it. Feels so diffrent then any other war type game. But it does suck that it short but it's a demo. MP must be sweet.
  • TiribulusTiribulus HOCKEYTOWN USA
    edited August 2003
    I would definitely prefer to have all the historico military details in order, but from a "how fun is this" perspective it stands a good chance of being one of my all time favs if the full game lives up to expectations as is MOHAA. I didn't actually pay too much attention to anything, but staying alive. Played through it again last night and will probably again today on the hardest level. Multiplayer should nothing short of spectacular.:thumbsup:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Atleast for that level, once you get the hang of it it's fairly easy even on the hardest level.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited September 2003
    Pretty intense for the most part, though I'm getting a bit tired of super-linear shooters like it. Granted it helps set up tightly-scripted sequences and more easily furthers the story, but it's kind of annoying always having just one possible way to go.

AvP2 handled it pretty well where there was almost always only one possible route, but it always FELT like there were several options to choose from.

That complaint aside tho - rather nice...and I enjoy the non-rambo approach as was the case in MoHAA....though the squad in CoD still wouldn't do anything without you leading the charge - that's the impression I got at least.