ntdll.dll, entry point not found errors..

edited January 2010 in Hardware
Good evening gentlemen, once again I have another problem that requires some attention. See attached file for exact error message. This same message seems to come up with several different programs that I start, and been going on for approximately 1-2 weeks now. When this message appears, the computer halts until you hit enter and then it continues no problem. You may also open several browersers after the first one is open and problem will not occur, close down all and start up firefox again and the same error occurs again. I have reloaded the program, also tried to replace or repair the NTDLL.DLL file that its refering to with no luck. This file is always beening used by windows, even in safe mode. I've tried everything that I can think of to try with no luck, was hoping someone here could shed some light on it for me.
..If I've posted in the wrong forum I apologize ..

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    What version of Windows are you running?
  • edited April 2005
    Thanks for the quick response, I'm running windows 2000 with sp4..
    edited April 2005
    Try the advice found here.

Good luck. :)
  • edited April 2005
    Thanks so much again" profdlp " for the quick response, that was exactly the ticket to solve the problem I was having. I deleted the file uxtheme.dll from my system32 dir and bobs your uncle problem solved. Thanks again appreciate it. :D
    edited April 2005
    Glad you got it. :D
    edited April 2005
    wasco22 wrote:
    Just curious, would you happen to know why now that everytime I restart the computer that uxtheme.dll from the (entry point problem) will reinstall itself back into my system32 directory everytime I boot the computer ? and how I might solve this problem. I now have to delete the file everytime I start the computer.

Thanks in advance Wasco22 :rolleyes:

The uxtheme.dll file is for WinXP Themes. Your problem stems from the fact that you are running Win2K. I'd try changing your theme to something different, just as a test. You might also try searching for "uxtheme.*" (w/o quotes) and see if it finds a file like "uxtheme.bak" (a backup file), or something else. :)
  • edited April 2005
    Thanks again for all your help, the problem is now solved..
    edited April 2005
    wasco22 wrote:
    Thanks again for all your help, the problem is now solved..
    What did you do to put a stake through its heart? :)
  • edited April 2005
    It actually only happened on the first couple of reboots, and after that the file never re appeared. Maybe it was just a freak thing.. :rolleyes:
  • edited January 2010
    I have that problem but I'm runnin Windows 7 64-bit.

My message is

"The procedure entry point RtlAreAnyAccessesGranted could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll"

any ideas?
  • edited January 2010
    CTommasini wrote:
    I have that problem but I'm runnin Windows 7 64-bit.

My message is

"The procedure entry point RtlAreAnyAccessesGranted could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll"

any ideas?

You might want to try posting a new thread for your error, I'm not sure that anyone will respond to your problem here look at the date posted. I think you would be better off posting a new thread since you are also running a different operating system.
    Good luck.. :)