Homeworld 2 Demo today!

edited September 2003 in Gaming
Fileplanet says the HomeWorld 2 Demo will be available today (Sept. 3, 2003). Just thought some of you might like to know.

If the servers get too crowded, I will gladly host the file myself (as I have a FilePlanet pay account), or send it to someone with a better connection than I.

Comments

• Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited September 2003
    Just tried to get it off the hw2 site and it still says "coming soon"

Been waiting a long time for this game, i just hope it's all that i antisapate it to be
  • SouriatSouriat Nottingham, UK
    edited September 2003
    Nice ill have to watch out for it coming avaliable :)
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    GIMMEE GIMMEE!!! Host it, anything. I just want it BAAAD!!! I'll do anything for it.... ANYTHING..... Wait no, I won't......
    edited September 2003
    Its on fileplanet now for those interested. We'll see how long this takes....
  • edited September 2003
    I'll have it in 15 minutes.

EDIT: BTW, the shortest wait in the public servers is 23 minutes. Being as my connection is so slow, you guys might as well deal with fileplanet for the time being, till someone else here can host the file.

AH, and only 6 minutes left!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    What's the name of the file?
  • Red-DawnRed-Dawn Been kidnapped and being held hostage in Edinburgh
    edited September 2003
    homeworld2_demo.exe

i'll have it in 50 min but i got nowhere to host it from, if any1 has the space i'll upload it.
  • edited September 2003
    File's done. I'm gona go try it out. If someone would like to host, just lemme know and I'll send it out.
    edited September 2003
    I just played through the single player demo, and fooled around a bit in the skirmish mode. Pretty good so far, I'm not a fan of the new build menus though, I preferred the old design for the build, research, etc menus. Game seems a little slower paced than I remember, but that just may be too much C&C talking. Graphics are sweet, as is sound. Cutscenes are still top notch too. Definite buy for me, but I didn't need the demo to tell me that!
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited September 2003
    Homeworld 2 + Halo PC + Max Payne 2 + Deus Ex 2+ Half-Life 2 + Doom 3 + Knights of the Old Republic + Jedi Academy + STALKER + Call of Duty = Entertainment :D

This has to be, hands down, best RTS of the year. Definate buy. It can look really really complicated once they introduce the Z axis to you in the tutorial, but most fans of the original shouldn't have any problem adjusting. I had never played the original myself (running tomorrow to grab it and Cataclysm expansion), so even if you arn't experienced, it's still fun. :D I got owned my first skirmish because the CPU claimed the two fields above and below the plane you start on, so it'd do you well to learn how to use the Z axis accordingly :)

Edit: Jebus. I have to keep adding to my list.. Soo many games to buy!!! :eek3:
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited September 2003
    RTS of the Year? Hands down?

Methinks you may be forgetting a little-known title called Rise of Nations ;)

It has even non-gamers at my office playing rabidly every chance they get...during lunch, after work, at home...heck, one guy bought a computer so he could play the game at home!
    edited September 2003
    I played Rise of Nations, its not too shabby, but I'll take Homeworld over it just for the SciFi factor and storyline, just my preference though.

I agree with Templar too, I'm going fail all my classes and become poor after this year, too much stuff to play, luckily the comp can handle it all. Back to demo-ing
  • khankhan New
    edited September 2003
    Pseudonym: your sig = teh win. Enders game series is the best.
    edited September 2003
    khan said
    Pseudonym: your sig = teh win. Enders game series is the best.

Thanks,

Enders game is the best. Now I wait for the two greatest things ever.

1) Video Game based on book (It could never live up to it though, I can hope...... Relic!!! Are you listening to me???)
    2) The movie!!
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited September 2003
    fixin to download it

is it worth getting though? I'm not a big fan of it really..I don't know enough about it to judge though..heh
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited September 2003
    Play the tutorial and Skirmish alot and you'll pick up on it. I never played the original and it was rather easy for me.