Folding Business Cards

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Folding@Home
Okay, we're putting the call out. We've just ordered a large number of Team 93 business cards. What we are looking for are about 50 volunteers that are willing to commit to handing out a hundred cards. We're talking analog spam here. The digital spam worked so well that we are taking this roadshow offline. :p

Here is the card:

Front:
folding_business_card_3.jpg
Back:
folding_card_back.png

So, if you're interested in getting a package with 100 cards in it, please post in this thread "yes, i'm interested". Later I'll be contacting you for your shipping address.

You should hand out the cards to everyone you know. For example, I'm going to send one or two out in every package I ship out from an ebay sale. I'm going to put a few on the bulletin board at the local coffee shop, etc.

If too many people volunteer, we will be basing our decision on how creative you intend to be with handing out the cards. So let me know in this thread what you plan on doing with them :thumbsup:

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I am so down with this.

"yes, I'm interested"
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Yes, count me in.
    Too bad I don't have them now, trade show next week.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Gimme! :D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Me too! These can end up on quite a few bulletin boards at my college. As well as in my eBay packages.
  • edited April 2005
    Definitely yes. Address and stuff is the same as when we did business before :)
    I'll get these handed out and hopefully need more than one package :D
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Definitely in.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited April 2005
    I'll start off for the UK branch.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Count me in!!!!!!
  • SlydogSlydog Bristol UK Member
    edited April 2005
    I second the brit contingency... count me in
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    :canflag:

How bout we get some of those cards north of the boarder :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    I dunno man - you think this Folding stuff is gonna catch on... :scratch:

Count me in! :D
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    "yes, i'm interested"...hand them out at work like hotcakes, we only got about 340 customers i see every week.

p.s. last time i checked stanford stats there were only about 165,000 active cpu's, not millions. not bitchin thou, cause the cards kickass :thumbsup:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I live in one of the greatest cities in the world. I think the NYC subway alone would be a good place to start.
  • GarethGareth Wales
    edited April 2005
    Count me in. There are about 100+ students / week using the computer suite I look after at my local community centre as well as about 40 members of the local computer club.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    Send some over to me as well.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Send me some :D
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited April 2005
    yes, I've love to have some. My interesting idea: talk to local computer businesses to give the business cards out with new systems / ask them if I could booth at their store for a day and talk to people / hand out cards.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Hook me up! ( working at best buy i can get the passing on! ) Especially since my manager is into folding too i sell prolly 9 pcs or lappys a day so boom there are some right there! ( its the least i could do for you guys! )
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited April 2005
    Shame you can't get them to me by Tuesday as I'll be at InfoSec 05 (Uk) & could have handed them out there, but i'll gladly spam Vodafone's World HQ :). Count me in!
  • edited April 2005
    send me a box. I'll hand them out to all my friends and teachers.

bikerboy
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    You can count me in. I'll be able to hand them out to anyone I help with a PC problem - which is already a bunch of folks at work.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited April 2005
    Yes, I'm interested. I have develpoed a decent customer base here in the southeast and the cards would be taped to the front of every PC that goes back out the door. Matter of fact, they will be taped over the power button, wouldn't want any cheating would we??? :D
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited April 2005
    Would it be possible to get smaller increments? I could drop them off at places, leave them with the waiter's checks, etc. Also, my mom is an HR manager at her work, so she talks to almost every customer/partner they have. She could easily give them one, along with her business card, and give 'em a quick 10-second shpiel.

I haven't asked her yet, but I'm sure she would. And if not, I'd still like some for myself - but maybe not 100. Possibly around 25 or something?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    We just want to avoid sending out tons of little packages everywhere, that's why the high minimum :mullet:

//edit: But since you are quoting Wonko the Sane in your sig, I may be able to pull some strings ;D
    edited May 2005
    Alright everyone. They are here, and they look incredible. Please PM me your mailing address and I will begin shipments tomorrow :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    I cannot wait. :D
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2005
    yes, i'm interested!

Ill take them to work and hand them out, put them in the breakroom. (I work eith a LOT of IT personel)

My sister is getting married real soon, so I can probably set some out at the reception or something.

My girlfriend sells a lot of Avon and candles and stuff like that, so I can put them in her packages.

This is a really cool idea! :thumbsup:
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited May 2005
    I'm not too late am I????????????

Count me in
    I will have them at the front of the shop and hand them out with every coffee I sell.

Pity I didnt know about this earlier i am going to the IT Expo here in Sydney tomorrow :(

PM is on its way!

Great idea

Siggy
    edited May 2005
    Okay, the first batch is away. I need to get more packaging and then I can send batch 2 out.

Those outside of the US: I apologize for the lame packaging, but I stuffed large envelopes full of cards instead of putting them in boxes. It is much cheaper to send an envelope than a box to Canada, UK, Australia, etc. :D
    edited May 2005
    I still need addresses from people who haven't sent me their addresses yet :p