Geil ram?

ClutchClutch North Carolina New
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I have been viewing some other forums around, and noticed that a lot of people have been using Geil ram and reporting it pretty good ram. Just wondering if anyone here had any problems with it. Newegg has 3200 512 stick for $69. I'm still leaning towards corsair, but what I've heard, the geil is pretty decent ram.

Comments

• edited June 2003
    I saw newegg had a 3500 DDR-C2 512MB Geil for 90-something and I'm thinking of grabbing it. From what I hear, only Corsair and Crucial are better.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited June 2003
    Only Corsair is better, Crucial is only good up to PC2700 IMO
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Heard too many bad stories about crucial, already marked off the list. I will get a price list of everything, then decide on the memory issue. The Geil ram is looking tempting though. Any more feedback guys?
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I've always used crucial ram and never had any problems with it. I'm not an overclocker though so can't say as to how it does in that aspect.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    I was looking at RAM the other day at Newegg and Geil was cheaper than Crucial and Kingston HyperX.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    OCZ is coming with a golden stuff, PC 3700.

So far, i have seen it at 250 fsb at 2.6V and at a 1:1 ratio. Supposed to be at poor timings but on a Canterwood, this stuff will rock.
  • JPPJPP Stuttgart Germany
    edited June 2003
    in the past Geil users with intel platforms have been more satisfied than users with AMD platforms. I used 512MB GEil and Corsair PC 3500 on my Abit KD7 independently. With both I am stuck at an FSB of 206 Mhz.:confused: In the moment I am searching for the reason.;)
    JPP
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    That os not the memorys fault JPP, thats the boards fault. 206 is actually pretty good on that board.
  • JPPJPP Stuttgart Germany
    edited June 2003
    Thx Mackanz,
    I did apprehend that ;)
    JPP
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    ive used crucial for god knows how long...and its still going strong
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    I posted that in Leos thread.