Urgent Help

Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
edited June 2005 in Hardware
Hey guys..been a while since I've posted..busy life and all..

But I have a problem.

For the past few weeks my computer has been acting strange..I think there was a problem with MS Update becasue I couldn't get DirectX 9 to install or SP2, as it wouldn't recognize them and give me the "Logo Verification" error. As a rememdy, I went to Microsoft's website and tried some of their suggestions..and wala, DirectX 9 installed as did SP2..now this was last night..

Everything was working fine, I downloaded the latest catalyst 5.6's and went to bed.. got up this morning, PC booted fine, I was in the process of letting Windows Updater install new stuff (been a while) and when prompted to restart, I did.

As it was restarting, everything went fine.. Windows load screen comes up..finishes and then BAM PC restarts, without windows actually starting..it's done this several times and I can't figure out what to do..went into BIOS and checked it all out..everything is set to default..Im totally stumped. Any suggestions would be helpful =(

On a side note..I installed some new RAM recently, and I thought maybe that was the problem and removed it, but the same thing happens even with the new RAM removed.

I really don't know much of what I'm doing, never had any problems before this..

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2005
    Will it start in safe mode or last known good config?
  • Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited June 2005
    Nope, when starting it won't load windows.. last good config is no good..even in safe mode it restarts
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited June 2005
    I don't know. There are many more people on here with far more know how than me but I had a similar thing recently, wouldn't start whatever I did. Ended up formatting and reinstalling. A week later my HDD died. Be paitient though, I'm sure somebody will come up with something.
    edited June 2005
    yeah, I really have no idea what's going on or what to try
    edited June 2005
    Ok well I selected Disable System Restart due to errors and got the blue screen error : c000021a fatal system error
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Can you boot from the CD?
    No in safe mode? That is a stumper.
    edited June 2005
    I really don't know if it's relevant, but the new RAM is a different company than the old stuff, and doesn't support dual channel like I had before..

Before I had 2x256 PC2700 from the company "Elixir" and I bought 1x512 PC2700 from Kingston and put it in the empty slot..perhaps this was the mistake?
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited June 2005
    try running memtest or docmemory and test the memory real quick

Tex