The Matrix: Refreshed!

WahoogieWahoogie Marietta, GA, USA
edited October 2003 in Internet & Media
Well, over the summer I helped my friend out making a short film...

http://in.paceacademy.org/~gmiller/

Just see for yourselves. Oh, by the way, I'm dumb agent.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Bleh, wmv......... DivX is your friend.

The DivX Pro 5 encoder is included with the latest version of the Kazaa Lite (K++) codec pack, incase you wanted it.

Downloading now.....

NS
  • WahoogieWahoogie Marietta, GA, USA
    edited September 2003
    There is a DivX version, but it's 200mb....
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Yeah WMV isn't too bad, it's just MS, hehe.

Nice video.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited September 2003
    Is there a good version? ;D
    Wahoogie said
    There is a DivX version, but it's 200mb....
    edited September 2003
    Haha, well, no, unfortunatly there is no "good" version, all versions kinda suck. But yeah there is a higher "quality" version.
    edited September 2003
    LOL. I was just being a butt. You actually did a pretty decent job considering you're not a production studio.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited September 2003
    Yeah, I was impressed, but I think you need to do a little bit more work on the basics, i.e dialogue and the basic script.

However it was certainly very authentic, at least in comparison to the Martix Reloaded, as I had no idea what the hell was going on.;)

All jokes a side though, it certainly shows potential, there were some good scenes, and the green screen work was a nice touch.

I look forward to more.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    very good start at a first movie..it would have been funnier if the agent was screwing trinity....
    edited September 2003
    WuGgaRoO said
    very good start at a first movie..it would have been funnier if the agent was screwing trinity....

After reading your comments in one of the news threads bud, I'm starting to think you have a problem.

**cough** **cough**sx adikt**cough**
    edited September 2003
    Spinner: The playboy bunny in his sig kinda gives it away too I think.
    edited September 2003
    Indeed.;D

So, the Matrix Refreshed! who else liked it?;)
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    dude that was great. i love these home made parodies. i was cracking up so hard. the end was great too, and i can't wait for the previews to become real movies. are you guys planning on making them or not?
    edited September 2003
    Scene Seven is already complete, some editing maybe but I don't really have anything to do with it. I also thought scripiting was our biggest flaw, but over time I assume it will get better.

Haha, and about the agent Screwing trinity, well, that was implied. We didn't really feel like making a sex scene with my friends little sister....

Anyway, thanks for the great feedback, if anything else comes up we'll be sure to let you guys know.
    edited September 2003
    I hope the next installment has more violence :D

You could use the light saber effects that people use on the star wars spoofs they make. That would be sweet.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    The video was great. I really enjoyed it!!

~Cyrix
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I didn't like it so much.

The dialogue was just a turn-off to me. Sorry. :(
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Great job man! As a zero budget mini-film maker myself I really can appreciate your efforts, keep us updated with your latest stuff!
    edited September 2003
    "Neo" definitely isn't up for "Best Actor."
    Thrax said
    I didn't like it so much.

The dialogue was just a turn-off to me. Sorry. :(
    edited September 2003
    Haha, well he wanted to be neo, and he bought the camera...soooo.... :) None of us have any talent, but it was fun nonetheless.
    edited September 2003
    Hey Wahoogie, got any specifics on the editing program used and how bullet effects/green screen work was done? I'm very interested!
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Me too!

~Cyrix
    edited September 2003
    We used Adobe Premier, as well as 3DSMax for some of the "Scenes" in the green screen as well as the bullet and stuff. Premier is a GREAT program for this type of stuff, and it had everything we wanted. The green screen was just a tarp... and we just "pasted" the scenes we rendered in 3dsmax onto everything green. Not the best job, and some things took a while to look right, but it worked for what we needed.

Edit: didn't answer the bullet question. For that we just created an transparent environment with the bullet flying through and lined it up with the gun. However, since the camera moves it was a bit of a PITA!

Also, if any of you have advise for us, we will come out with some films in the future. We COMPLETELY winged this film, as it shows. If you know the order that we filmed the scenes, it's quite apparent that we learned a lot as we went.
    edited October 2003
    hey man, I've been wondering what year/model car is the "Morpheus" character in your movie driving? I know it's a Subaru, but, I havent really looked much at them so I have no idea what model it is and stuff, Im not a big fan of the newer subarus with the big round lights, but I really like the look of that car and I'm lookin for new cars right now
    edited October 2003
    Not sure of the specific year... not newer than '00, it's the year before the WRX was made (It's the N/A Impreza.)