ATI Video Card in an N-Force 3 mobo??

CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Just built a new rig w. a DFI LanParty Ultra D w. nForce3. It's 64 bit. I need to upgrade the video, and think I've decided, budget be damned, on ATI(Sapphire) X800XL: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814102521

However, I got to thinking, NVidia made the chipset on my mobo. Will I have issues (performance degradation or other) by running the ATI chipset instead of the NVidia?

Anyone have experience or thoughts to share? Am I just worried about nothing?

Comments

• MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited July 2005
    I've never had a problem using ATI cards on any nForce motherboard. I've had a nForce, nForce2, nForce3, nForce4 all using a different ATI cards and no problems at all.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    I have an ATi 9600pro in my MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and they get along just fine. :thumbsup:

Just don't make the mistake I almost made and run regcleaner and tell it to get rid of anything that says nVidia (my old graphics card was an nVidia). It was nearly bye-bye chipset drivers... :eek:
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited July 2005
    I had issues with a Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro & my K8N Neo 2. Stuttering graphics in certain games like CoD however this was supposed to be taken care of with a graphics driver update.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited July 2005
    CaffeineMe wrote:
    Just built a new rig w. a DFI LanParty Ultra D w. nForce3. It's 64 bit. I need to upgrade the video, and think I've decided, budget be damned, on ATI(Sapphire) X800XL: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814102521
    Better Card for only $14 more (After $50 Rebate) AIW X800XT AGP

When you load the Nvidia chipset drivers make sure you DONT load the Nvidia AGP GART driver and all will be fine
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    My NF4 Ultra-D and X800XL works fantastic!!!
    My wife's NF4 Ultra-D and Allinwonder X600 Pro works fine.
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited July 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Just don't make the mistake I almost made and run regcleaner and tell it to get rid of anything that says nVidia (my old graphics card was an nVidia). It was nearly bye-bye chipset drivers... :eek:

I actually did that once. :bawling: It really sucked.