New PC won't boot.

edited August 2005 in Hardware
Well I was on my new pc all day today, until I turned it off, unplugged the wires, and removed the floppy drive.

So I put the PC back, wires back in, tried to boot and nothing happened when I pushed the power button.

So then I thought, hm what have I changed, so I put the floppy drive back in to see if it made a difference and it didn't.

So basically the PC just won't turn on.

Specs of the pc are in my signature.

Comments

• edited August 2005
    Well I just fixed it, sorry for the original post.

I moved the RAM voltage switch from 4v + down to the lower voltage.

But the wierd thing is that I didn't change anything in BIOS or on the PC itself...

Hmm... wierd.
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited August 2005
    DFI's are notoriously flakey, even now they still suffer the dreaded 4 leds of death, which originally started with the NF2 LanParty series. Still, I guess thats the price you pay for wicked overclockerability. :)
  • edited August 2005
    Jimborae wrote:
    DFI's are notoriously flakey, even now they still suffer the dreaded 4 leds of death, which originally started with the NF2 LanParty series. Still, I guess thats the price you pay for wicked overclockerability. :)

Well the last time my system wouldn't boot, this was the problem and I had to do the oppositte, but at that time I actually knew it was the problem, this time it was just a guess.