Folding question

chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
edited August 2005 in Folding@Home
As I look at EM III, I have a blue circled 1 by the protein....when I place my cursor over it, it says "Number of work units in the queue". That work unit has been in the queue for a number of days, how do I send it?

Haven't had this happen to me before, but I'm sure it isn't that uncommon.

Chip

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    I've had a few of those lately where it seems that for whatever reason traces of a finished-and-sent WU are not completely removed from the FAH folder.

What does you log say? :)
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited August 2005
    Guess it must have encountered a problem...says it deleted the work unit ...has started a new one....been having trouble with this computer...think I have a mother board problem....going to have it checked out this weekend.

Still under warranty....so guess I should let them work on it. Will periodically reboot itself....doesn't seem to matter what program...does it when I'm working a spreadsheet, or working on a MS Word document, or playing a game online, or just surfing the net. Then other times it goes for days without a problem.....

I don't have it overclocked or anything...that kind of stuff exceeds my kilobyte mind capacity...LOL
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2005
    Try running Memtest86. Spontaneous reboots and/or freezes are often RAM-related. Lots of repair shops don't adequately test memory, they'll just boot the machine up and if it doesn't crap out in a day or two will make up a BS repair order and send it back unchanged (and unfixed...).

The diagnostic test from the HD manufacturer would be a good idea, too. If nothing else, the more things you eliminate as the source of the problem, the easier it will be to tell if the repair shop actually has done anything to help you out. :)
  • chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
    edited August 2005
    An all-night Memtest and a HD diagnostics showed no errors. Thanks for the suggestion, though. The Memtest showed a memory problem on my daughter's computer so we'll be replacing some RAM there.