Monitor goes black

edited September 2005 in Hardware
On my other PC (hp 3400+), I am running a 17" viewsonic LCD.

Starting today the monitor went black as I was watching a quicktime movie in internet explorer.

I then restarted the pc and it did the same thing except it did it as I was loading into windows.

It's not going into hibernation mode because the green light remains lit, it never changes to orange.

This has a family member of mine going crazy and I am in need of a fast solution.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Are you overclocking your video card because it sounds like it's dying...
  • edited August 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    Are you overclocking your video card because it sounds like it's dying...

lol no, it's on my mom's pc.

i believe it has onboard video.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2005
    Sorry for the kinda late reply, but is the monitor shutting off, or actually displaying all black?
  • edited September 2005
    tmh88 wrote:
    Sorry for the kinda late reply, but is the monitor shutting off, or actually displaying all black?

Displaying all black.
    edited September 2005
    Well this is kind of a stupid question, but have you tried other monitors/cables?
  • edited September 2005
    yes and they work
    edited September 2005
    Wait a sec...so do the monitors work with the "broken" computer, or are you saying that they work with other computers, just not hte messed up one.
  • edited September 2005
    tmh88 wrote:
    Wait a sec...so do the monitors work with the "broken" computer, or are you saying that they work with other computers, just not hte messed up one.

The monitor is broken, the pc is not.

I am getting a new one in the mail soon.
    edited September 2005
    Ok so let me get this strait. The computer isnt the problem, its the monitor?

alright i got kinda confused when Enverex mentioned something about overclocking and i thought it was the pc. sorry about that and good luck with the new monitor

:cheers: