Sorry...

DonutDonut Maine New
edited October 2005 in Folding@Home
Well, due to my current landlord complaining about the power bill, and that I will be moving soon, Donut's farm will soon cease to exist. :bawling: The landlord was trying to figure out what caused a massive spike in the power bill, it happened that I had added 4 P3's and an old server to the fold. The server sounded like a Hoover running 24\7 in my entry way, I couldn't hide it to well.
Anyway, my production will be dropping very soon, some rigs have already been shut down. I'll probibly keep my 2 duallies running till the end.

Prof, you will get your spot back very soon. :thumbsup:

The farm won't be resurrected at the new house, dial-up only there. (plus I won't be able to afford it.) I may have some parts for future SMX rigs.

I'll continue to do what I can for the team, I'm just sorry it won't be as much.

Fold on!
:fold:
Tom

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2005
    Sorry to hear that. You can still fold on dial-up tho.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Thanks for your massive contributions to the project, Donut! We understand - it's no fault of your own :D
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Man I was getting excited as we have a heated race for 8th and 9th :( I guess I will just take it :)

sorry to hear the loss of one of SM's great folders, maybe in the furture we will see you again in high ranks :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Man, I vowed I would pay you back for passing me, but I sure hate to do it like this. :(

You've been on of the top dogs on Team 93 for quite a while now, and I'm sure that somewhere down the road you'll regain that status. No matter what, your achievements to this point speak for themselves. :thumbsup::fold:
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2005
    Rats. Sorry to hear this. And here I was under some mistaken assumption that all you "farmers" were bigshot businessmen and big-bucks graphics designers.

I'm not sure what is going on but I don't think anyone here wants you to turn in your Team #93 badge and I don't think you will lose any respect by not being in the top 10. SM is not that kind of place as far as I can see. I certainly DON'T want to see you or anyone "folding out of house and home".

No matter where or how, we'd like to see you fold on :thumbsup: someday but even more importantly, as far as I'm concerned, that you work things out well for Donut.

:thumbsup:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited October 2005
    Donut, you have done more than your fair share for the cause.

Situations change, that's a fact of life. Thanks for the massive contributions. :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    The farm won't be resurrected at the new house, dial-up only there. (plus I won't be able to afford it.) I may have some parts for future SMX rigs.
    Sigh... Sorry to hear it. I know how it feels. When I retired from my first career last year at this time, I had to leave behind a whole suite of offices each with a fairly new P4 system running F@H.

You'll find your way to claw back up. It may just take a while. Thanks for your service.

It happens.
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited October 2005
    Thanks Donut for the contribution to folding and SM :thumbsup:

Hope things work out for you, soon :)
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited October 2005
    Thanks guys,

@Prof- I felt the same way about passing you when you were laid up.

@Qeldroma- I'm just a blue collar worker with a duct-taped, hodgepodge of rigs. (It all started with one ;) ) And I'm NOT giving up my Team 93 badge! it will now have time to tarnish a little between WU's. ;D

Go Team 93! :smokin:

Tom
    edited October 2005
    Donut wrote:
    ...@Prof- I felt the same way about passing you when you were laid up...
    Actually, that probably helped me hold you off for a wee bit longer. While in the hospital I wasn't using my main computer sixteen hours a day like I usually am, leaving more CPU cycles to Fold with. It's not a method I'd recommend, though. :vimp:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Remember...
    !!! EVERY POINT COUNTS BECAUSE EVERY POINT DRAWS US CLOSER TO A CURE !!!

Donut... you've helped the cause. Feel proud of that and know that it was appreciated and that it counts.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited October 2005
    Sorry about your loss, but what you've given already is much more than many people ever get. Even without half your machines folding you'll still be a folding hero. Thanks for contributing to the project.

Kind of have to apologize too. About a week ago I was going to write an article about how easy it is to be infected with spyware. I was using my 566MHz Celeron as a test to install spyware on and take screenshots, rather than my main computer. I ended up getting a dialer off a guitar tabs site, which I haven't had the time to remove. I'm hoping to get it cleaned up one night this week, but until then, the Celeron is shut off. It's not a big loss, but I'm already starting to see the decrease in daily points by missing one or two WUs this week.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    It was an awesome run, you made a huge contribution to the project, and a bigger one to the team.
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited October 2005
    Well, update on me:

Last night I finally got some spare time and optimized my system as much as I could in less than an hour. I got rid of the dialer (which proved to be MUCH easier than I thought) and completely rebuilt my registry. It's currently working on a 241 pointer and should be done in about a week. :)
    edited October 2005
    I'll tell you what, Donut. While I know things are subject to change, if this is your idea of cutting back maybe we all should try it. :D
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited October 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    I'll tell you what, Donut. While I know things are subject to change, if this is your idea of cutting back maybe we all should try it. :D

Way to go Donut.......................cut back some more. :D
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited October 2005
    Just got home this morning, Sorry to get everybodys hopes up. I had a couple of older 850's that dumped there wu's as soon as I got an internet connection to them. (Timeless in batches).

My 2 duallies and 2 xp rigs will be cranking till the end, the others are already down. :bawling: