Radeon x1800 review

GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
edited October 2005 in Hardware
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26720

Dam these cards are neck and neck this is the first time ive seen 2 cards that were so close to each others proformence. However ati clearly has the 3dmark 2005 (8967 for ati's X1600xt).

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited October 2005

has never published any news that was correct, as they claimed the x1800 was going to have 32 pipes and will do tons of other things.... this isn't a reliable source...
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005

has never published any news that was correct, as they claimed the x1800 was going to have 32 pipes and will do tons of other things.... this isn't a reliable source...

The fudo DOES have 32 pipes but there disabled for future use they reported that the x1800 would use a crippled fudo chip.
    edited October 2005
    LOL, they wont do that! it would cause the chip set to burn up.... it is already running hot as it is.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Looks like it should be a good competitor to the 7800GTX, too bad it's so late though. I have heard news of an R580 not too far away from the R520 with additional pipelines. I think I'll be waiting :D

I'm not sure that I trust the inquirer for hardware reviews, but at least it looks a little more accurate than that previous 'cardless benchmarking' we all saw earlier :zombie:
    edited October 2005
    LOL, they wont do that! it would cause the chip set to burn up.... it is already running hot as it is.

I don't know what you where reading but ati runs much cooler then its nvidia counter part and uses a good deal less power. (Try not making any fanboy comments next time).
    lemonlime wrote:
    Looks like it should be a good competitor to the 7800GTX, too bad it's so late though. I have heard news of an R580 not too far away from the R520 with additional pipelines. I think I'll be waiting :D

I'm not sure that I trust the inquirer for hardware reviews, but at least it looks a little more accurate than that previous 'cardless benchmarking' we all saw earlier :zombie:

Im excited about how this card will run with all 32 pipes also :).

And im with you on that one (The inquirer hardware benchmarks) im sure may have watered down the benchmarks 7800 benchmarks a bit ;D . (The reasom I posted it was because it was the first one in my rss feads to have the benchmarks up there .)
    edited October 2005
    LOL! ATI's X1800 runs a bit hotter than the 7800GTX and buy unlocking more pipes increase core poduction cauing it to run hotter, that is the reason why ATI delayed the release, they had to respin the core like 5 times....because of heat issue.... and on top of that, isn't the X1800 a 2 slot cooling soultion??? a big bulky Graphics card :(

Fanboy remarks, I maybe a Nvidia fan boy, but I do own my fair share of ATI Cards new and Old, you can't be a crtic if you don't know both sides.
    and 2nd you have no clue my sources on where I get info... to tell you the truth I have seen the x1800 in person running side by side with a 7800GTX, and the Card runs allot hotter than the 7800GTX.
    edited October 2005
    LOL! ATI's X1800 runs a bit hotter than the 7800GT and buy unlocking more pipes increase core poduction cauing it to run hotter, that is the reason why ATI delayed the release, they had to respin the core like 5 times....because of heat issue.... and on top of that, isn't the X1800 a 2 slot cooling soultion??? a big bulky Graphics card :(

They had problems with the low copper k manufacturing process. The pipelines were comming out broken.) So they droped to 32 then heard the news that nvidias card was only going to have 24 pipelines and decided to be evil and drop the card to 16 :shakehead. The 1800xl only has a 1 slot cooler.
    edited October 2005
    I added to the above!
    edited October 2005
    Fanboy remarks, I maybe a Nvidia fan boy, but I do own my fair share of ATI Cards new and Old, you can't be a crtic if you don't know both sides.
    and 2nd you have no clue my sources on where I get info... to tell you the truth I have seen the x1800 in person running side by side with a 7800GTX, and the Card runs allot hotter than the 7800GTX.
    I have used many nvidia cards. (I am a linux user) Ati cards are only in my windows box. (Ati's linux drivers a joke).
    edited October 2005
    well i wil still say I am sticking with my 7800 setup, It is kick Butt and I have no problems, and I hear the new drivers will boost performance :)
    edited October 2005
    well i wil still say I am sticking with my 7800 setup, It is kick Butt and I have no problems, and I hear the new drivers will boost performance :)
    My next card might be a 7800 I wana put linux on my gaming box but atis linux drivers are half the speed of there windows ones ;D . (Nvidias are only about 20% slower then there windows drivers)