Dvd Ripping

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Internet & Media
I need a program to Rip a dvd to my hd that removes the encryption so i can use nero 6 to burn it back to a dvd

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Doesn't work that way.

Read my DVD to DVD+/-RW guide.
  • edited September 2003
    so pinnacle instant copy 7 wouldn't work either?
  • tophericetopherice Oak Ridge, TN
    edited September 2003
    DVDxCopy and DVDxCopy Express from 321 studios r0xx0rz, but requires a DVD Burner. So if your looking to rip DVDs and then burn to VCD or SVCD this is not what your looking for. If you have a DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW check it out.

http://www.321studios.com
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I have a *free* version of dvd x copy and x copy express and it works ok But I was wondering If there was a program that would do the selected task of Ripping a dvd to my HD and remove the encryption then I could Use Nero ^ to burn it to a Blank DVD . BTW i do have a dvd burner
    edited September 2003
    Read my article, I repeat. The tools in there are better than DVDxCopy or any other program you have to pay for. Plus it tells you how to rip the DVD.

RIP DVDs AND BURN THEM TO DVD-R OR DVD+R.

If you can't burn them to a DVD-R/+R there are other ways, and they require some extra work.
    edited September 2003
    already printed it out
    but i shows it being burned to a regular cd thats my only question
    edited September 2003
    BTW u are one talented d00d to do that and ur writing skills are supurb
    edited September 2003
    I don't have a DVD Burner, so it automatically brings up my CD-R. I guarantee you that the article is tested and confirmed to work by me, a few of my friends, and quite a few members of this community.
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited September 2003
    Thrax's method is definitly better than DVDXCopy. If it is a dual layer DVD, with thrax's method, you can make the special features and menu's crappy quality while keeping the movie at or near full quality.
    edited September 2003
    alright I am going nuts and I have followed your guide step by step. The part I get lost with IS trying to use Imgtool Classic .90 Build S i selected the source where ths iso from dvd decryptor is and the same spot that the dvd shirnk File are. Target File I put DareDevil and volume ID i put Daredevil_Disc1 I hit Image and i get the error saying " Cannot Find A Video TS Directory " ?me falls over and dies
    edited September 2003
    Ok i still am having the problem stated above but i figured out what is wrong with my burning with other programs. This dvd burner i recieved for free Is dvd- R not + R i finally figured that out and notw i must go buy some - R disc. Boy i feel like and @$$
  • edited September 2003
    I find that DVD2One is very easy to use.

DVD Decrypter ->
    DVD2One ->
    Nero

Done

I use Nero instead of Decrypter's burning method. (Decrypter uses, unless I'm mistaken, Nero's technology, but I'm already familiar with the functionality of Nero)

I don't condone using these methods for making illegal copies nor should you!
    edited September 2003
    Illegal copies are BAD! /me snickers
  • reelbigfishreelbigfish Boston, MA Member
    edited September 2003
    For Image tool to work, you actually need a folder called VIDEO_TS. SO you should have a folder, call it DVD. In that folder, put VIDEO_TS. Put all DVD files from DVD shrink in VIDEO_TS. In Imagetool, select DVD as the folder, NOT VIDEO_TS. Then it will work.
    edited September 2003
    Ohhhhhhhh
    I got it!