LL2 - Lost coast released

tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
edited November 2005 in Gaming
The "tech demo" level for HL2 has been released - Lost Coast.

Will be ready for me to play in 35minutes - :thumbsup:

Comments

• tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited October 2005
    Extremely short - more "action" than I thought it would have for a tech demo - very pretty

I can imagine the bitching that is going to happen by all the people who will be dissapointed by this "level"

I think many thought this would be a great long chapter - I always knew it would be just a short tech demo, just did not realise there would be this much fighting.

Finnished in less than 20min

Oh and worth playing with commentary on
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    I finished it in about 15 min.

BEST TECH DEMO EVER.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    ya its quick but i thought it was amazing, with everything on high 6xaa that chruch is amazing. you dont notice much of a difference at first until they do that side by side with HL2 and you see how much the lighting affects teh world. everyone better play this, :thumbsup: with comments its really cool
  • edited October 2005
    Loving the technology, cant wait till this is standard in all FPS games, could be brilliant in horror games if done right.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Even on my 9800 Pro, it looked pretty cool.

It seemed a bit anticlimactic, though.
    Or maybe it's just because it took me a while to figure out that I was supposed to fall through the floor after blowing up the helicopter...
    :o

//edit: put spoiler tags in at CBDroege's request. ;)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Spoiler!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I just tried to download it, and the Steam program insulted my computer instead...
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2005
    CBDroege wrote:
    I just tried to download it, and the Steam program insulted my computer instead...
    Whats your specs ?.