No Power to keyboard, mouse or monitor

13»

Comments

• KiwiMutantKiwiMutant Dannevirke, New Zealand
    The mobo is P5 VDC-MX Rev 1.01G. I think possibly the 0810 bios revision may not have been compatible with the Rev 1.01G mobo and will roll back to 0809 or 0304 rev. but need to get power back first.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Re-check CPU seating. Mis-seating CPU can cause no power. Also, remember a new motherboard battery, please. Could be the CMOS/Clock battery is dead. Especially if you did not move the jumper back to the right place.

HTH some at least.

John.
  • KiwiMutantKiwiMutant Dannevirke, New Zealand
    Hi, Straight_Man. Have taken your advice and put a new battery in but to no avail. Have also tried a couple of tricks from the Asus website, putting the battery in upside down for 30sec and removing the power switch cable and shorting the two contact pins. Neither has worked. I will check the Heatsink/CPU seating but the original problem was due to a badly seated Heatsink/CPU. After reseating I had the machine running for 3 hours with a constant temp reading. I have another computer with the same P5VDC mobo so will try the CPU from that one to determine if problem is either the CPU or the mobo. If it fails to run with the other chip then I'll assume it is the mobo and swap them. If it does run then I'll assume it's the chip that's fried. I know the psu is good because it lights everything up when connected to a power supply tester.
  • Me too have this same problem...When i switch on my pc ie.,When i ON my UPS both cpu and monitor getting power supply.when i switch on my CPU, HARD DISK and FAN are running but KEYBOARD and MONITOR is not working.
    NOTE:
    1.when CPU is in switch-ON i unplug the monitor cable at back of CPU,then monitor power light turn to green.again if i inserted monitor cable in to cpu monitor power light turns to red.
    2.Before this problem i switched of my pc without proper shut downing during the adobe flash player updating process.and my Anti virus Microsoft essential has "XP not geniue" problem.
    3.after this problem,i removed Cmos battery and inserted,then when i SWITCH ON, i got a scratched display then monitor display paused
    4.ANOTHER time i removed harddisk,ram and i cleaned everything,then my pc works properly and at the same day evening monitor and keyboard not worked.
    Help me lovable Friends...
  • Had the same problem just fixed it. Open the computer,touch the outer frame and then metal frame on the inside before doing anything else to disparate static. Move the jumper to the opt pegs. Disco all power points on the mother board should be 2 one one the back of board and one on the front. Then pop out the button battery. Then work backwards. Batt,plugs but leave the jumper for last, tricky part plug everything back up ie mouse,keyboard etc then with the side of the PC open switch jumper back to original position. Voila working PC
  • Hi
    I joined icrontic just so I could say thank you for the tip on removing some ram to fix this.

Briefly; I installed a software update (serviio) and after rebooting I lost keyboard and mouse. Then the monitor began to flick on & off. I rebooted and tried to uninstall using Revo but this froze and I lost the monitor, mouse and keyboard. I tried booting into safe mode but by now I had lost the monitor completely (no data). I forget how long I spent rebooting but it was some hours.

My first search on google led me here and I simply removed a stick of ram and rebooted and hey presto everything came back. I was now able to uninstall serviio. I carried out a registry clean with CCleaner and chkdsk just to make sure and everything seems ok now. I have put the ram back in.
    Now I don't think serviio was to blame but I'd love to know what caused this and why the trick of removing/reducing the ram works.
    Cliff_ForsterprimesuspectBobbyDigiTushon