are memory stick duo interchangeable with pro?

edited November 2005 in Internet & Media
are memory stick duo interchangeable with Memory Stick pro which goes in my digital camera

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    It would be helpful if you would be more specific. There are hundreds, if not thousands of digital cameras available, and many memory formats.

What is camera's brand?
    Model?
    What type (format) of memory have you been using?
    What brand " " ".?
  • edited November 2005
    I ment memory sticks in general. I have been using a memory stick, and it says that it is compatible with ms pro but can i use duo with it. but here is the digital camera i own: Camera (didnt want to type up the specs)
    edited November 2005
    We'd like to help you, but you are still being very vague. The page you linked doesn't show anything about memory type. When you say "card" or "stick", that could mean many different things.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    Memory Stick/Memory Stick Pro Compatible
    edited November 2005
    Sectorz, I believe I found the answer for you, and I learned something in the process. I did not realize that "memory stick" was an actual proper name for device memory. I had only heard that term in its generic use before, as in "stick of ram", or "stick of memory". The quoted material below is from a FAQat Memorystick.com.
    Q1. What is Memory Stick Duo?
    A1. Memory Stick Duo is a smaller-sized Memory Stick media designed for ultra-compact and wearable devices. By using the media with a dedicated adaptor, Memory Stick Duo can be used in standard-size media slots of other Memory Stick compatible products.

Q2. What are the dimensions and weight of Memory Stick Duo media?
    A2. Measuring 31.0(W) x 20.0(H) x 1.6(D) mm (1.22 x 0.79 x 0.06 in), Memory Stick Duo media is only approx. one-third the volume and half the weight of standard-size media.

Q3. Is it possible to use Memory Stick Duo media in a slot for the standard-size Memory Stick without any problem?
    A3. Yes. By attaching the supplied or optional adaptor to the media, the size of Memory Stick Duo becomes the same as that of the standard-size Memory Stick media
  • edited November 2005
    Leonardo wrote:
    By attaching the supplied or optional adaptor to the media, the size of Memory Stick Duo becomes the same as that of the standard-size Memory Stick media

Thank you guys so much, ya that is exactly what i was looking for and sorry if i was being to vague before.