CONGRATULATIONS JONSHANDBRAKE!

chipatkinsonchipatkinson San Antonio Texas
edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
Congratulations on reaching the number one position! Definitely a result of hard work, dedication, and committment! Thanks for your significant contributions to the team...surely a motivation for us all. :thumbsup:

Comments

• DonutDonut Maine New
    edited December 2005
    :ausflag:

Congrats on number1!

:kneel:

:smokin:
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited December 2005
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:respect: :smokin: :respect:
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Hey Jon and Sally

Your self sacrifice and dedication is such an inspiration.

You guys are just awesome!!!!!

:respect::respect:

CONGRATULATIONS on a well deserved 1st place.

:celebrate :celebrate
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited December 2005
    Wow. It was really strange and almost sad for me to see csimon displaced. He was the Pharoah when I signed on. That being said- congratulations! :thumbsup: You almost make me want to move to Aussie-land! :)

And it's nice to have a competition where being in 2nd (or 350ish) isn't the big thing. I think we'll all feel like champs when the headlines finally say-

"Distributive Computing Venture Finds Cure for XXXX"

Thanks Jon, Sally, csimon ... everyone.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    Qeldroma wrote:
    ...And it's nice to have a competition where being in 2nd (or 350ish) isn't the big thing. I think we'll all feel like champs when the headlines finally say-

"Distributive Computing Venture Finds Cure for XXXX"

Thanks Jon, Sally, csimon ... everyone.
    I've been watching this for a while now and wondered what I could say to express the thoughts I've been feeling. You did it for me.

Well said, Qeldroma. :)

Seeing the dedication and character of those who have been at the top of the heap over the years only makes me want to try harder. I think the term "Inspiration" is fitting here. :D

• DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Congrats!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Contratulations! What an accomplishment! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:thumbsup:

:cool:
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Congrats!!!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Congratulations to Jon & Sally for their tremendous effort. They have taken the folding@home effort truly to their hearts and this is the result :D

Your dedication to the project, to the team and to the real cause & reason we all fold is amazing.

Thank you very very much!

:respect::respect::respect::respect:
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited December 2005
    Well done Jon & Sally, Definitely a fantastic acheivement.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Wow. I never thought I'd live to see the day csimon would get bumped. Way to go.
  • tcithtcith Sydney, Australia Member
    edited December 2005
    Awsome truely awsesome

:cool::thumbsup:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    W
    O
    W

A changing of the guard... "Every dyansty must fall but another will rise to take up the torch."

Chris will always be the folding :csimon:.... and a major part of our team. Jon and Sally have a tough act to follow. Congrats Jon and Sally... Ranked #71 in the world!!!! Of the Top 70, 41 are seeing JonsHandBrake in their rear view mirror!!!

!!! Go Team #93 !!!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    I just noticed the thread ...I hope Jon and Sally have a good long stay at the #1 position just like I did. Congrats to you both and all of your hard earned efforts! :fold:

I wish everyone could have a chance at the top at least to see what it's like. Once you've been there for so long ...stepping down isn't so bad really. It's a great position to share. :bawling: j/k

I'll always be pharoah though! ;D

I think this calls for a celebration! :cheers:
    edited December 2005
    Besides... now you can declare a jhad on Jon and Sally... Take back the #1 position... ;D
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Congratulations to you two! I'd be willing to bet that you are the #1 husband and wife folding team in the world! ;)

:rarr:

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Just remember, Sally does all of the work.
    She will keep it up as long as she can keep Jon from screwing anything up....

Great work guys. Now I want to see you make Top 50 of all folders.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    "Behind every great man, is a bank of computers his wife authorised..."

Good show, my friends.
  • Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
    edited December 2005
    wow...that's a lot of data cruched..

it still amazes me to ponder the power of the tools available to us, sometimes it's easy to see how fast things are changeing...I was an atari 2600 kid, and it was the bomb...I recently purchaced a joystick you plug striaght into the tv and has like 20 of the old 2600 games on it, I pryed my kids off the xbox for them to see..my older (13) most just looked at the big squares moveing around on the screen shakeing her head, before asking..if i would turn up the soundtrack... :rolleyes:

my younger one stared at me for a moment before declareing..you're old. and running back to the xbox.

I was once told that if everyman and woman from the birth of fire were to work on one math problem, together all their lives...that they would not have been able to perform the number of calculations it takes to zoom into your average fractal program 5 or 6 times, and render.

So think of the data this day represents. :wow:
    thank you both for supporting each other, and the team....but most of all the work.

rock on! :rockon:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Congratulations on this great accomplishment, Jon and Sally.

Now we need a new smilie for them. ;)

Maybe a ball and chain?
    edited December 2005
    GHoosdum wrote:
    ...Now we need a new smilie for them. ;)

Maybe a ball and chain?
    Man, you haven't been married long enough to start thinking like that. :p
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited December 2005
    Where to start. :scratch:

First we would like to thank everyone for the kind words. :)

Second, it was only by chance we managed to end up in the #1 position, mainly due to csimon changing jobs.

Third, Short-Media being what it is, full of friendly helpful people going out of their way to see you right, we would never have been here in the first place. :thumbsup:

It was here we found out about folding and the reasons behind it all. Starting with an old 850 Athlon and adding a couple Intels shortly after that.
    As Sally and i slowly added more points we could see the friendly rivalry and decided to only run computers as "JonsHandbrake".

A few calls to arms to fight off the hordes gave us reason to add a bit more to the farm. Guess we went a bit overboard. :D

In a sense it's rather sad to see chris in second spot, after being on top for so long. Don't know how long we shall be up there for as it is always up for grabs. The main thing is who benefits...................HUMANITY.

Jon & Sally
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    bravo and well said ...you're a natural a well deserving of the top!

Choose a title yet? ;D
    edited December 2005
    King and queen muckity muckity? Thunder from down under?
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited December 2005
    csimon wrote:
    Choose a title yet? ;D
    QCH2002 wrote:
    King and queen muckity muckity? Thunder from down under?

Maybe "The Princess and the Pauper". ;D
    edited December 2005
    dragonV8 wrote:
    Maybe "The Princess and the Pauper". ;D
    That term could probably describe most married men... :rolleyes:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2005
    Congrats Jon and Sally.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    A much-belated congratulations :cool: