Windows Live

edited December 2005 in Science & Tech
I have no idea where this goes so srry if it is in the wrong department. But has anyone here tried out the Windows Live Beta Stuff, I got to try the Messenger Beta and wasnt very impressed but has someone tried out the windows live mail and the other stuff? Here are some screen shots of Messenger Beta. Dont get me wrong, I did like a few things, Like Offline Messages, and PC-to-Phone Calls and ofcourse u can send messages to someone while u are appearing offline. something i didnt like though was the amount of time it takes to load and the default color is that awful orange color and its a little difficult to scrool through the buddy list.

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited December 2005
    I think I will stick with gaim (heres a gaim 2.0 beta screen shot)
  • macdude425macdude425 Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
    edited December 2005
    Gee, that appears to be me...

I don't think I'll ever try the new Windows Messenger (I've never used it anyways.)

I DID try Gaim Beta 2, and I hated it. It was unstable, I hated the layout, and it just felt weird to me. So I uninstalled it...
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited December 2005
    the GAIM Beta is T-R-A-S-H. (imo of course.. ) :p
  • edited December 2005
    Sure gaim and all that but has any one used Windows Live Mail BETA
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited December 2005
    You sure don't like your threads to have actual, um, discussion, do you?

As for me, nothing past Messenger 6.2.0208 is worth using. I tried the 8 beta as soon as it leaked, but I hate it as much as I hate 7.whatever. So useless.
  • Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
    edited December 2005
    I'll Stick with my Trillian Pro 2.0 yea there are some features missing if you use it you dont get in the other chat versions. but I can run all 4 of the major chats. (aim, msn, yahoo, ICQ) from one client, and not worry about all the other stupid software.
  • edited December 2005
    entropy wrote:
    You sure don't like your threads to have actual, um, discussion, do you?

That wasnt me, I didnt post that, it was HIM.
    My Evil Twin