Merry Christmas from Short-Media

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited December 2005 in Science & Tech
To all our members and readers, Short-Media would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
s-m1.jpg

This is the third Christmas Short-Media has seen, and like previous years, 2005 has been very eventful. The site has continued to grow, with our Membership soaring to 17,514 people registered. The SVT Team has turned their little corner of the forums into the place to visit for Spyware and Virus problems. Short-Media’s Folding team, Team#93, has continued to be committed and dedicated to its cause and is currently ranked 12th in the world. The teams SMx Project has now also got a staggering 31 computers to its name. That’s an amazing accomplishment for any team, let alone for one of Team#93's size. We’ve also had loads of new staff members come onboard, and they’ve all brought lots to the table. However despite all of our successes this year, it hasn’t been all highs.

One of Short-Media’s founding fathers, Doug Kronlund, literally the ‘Media’ in Short-Media, decided to retire from the site a couple of months ago. Along with Brian, Dan, and of course all of you, he made this site into the best tech site on the web today. We thank him again for all of his hard work and dedication. Below is a quote, which I’m sure he won’t mind me posting, taken from an e-mail he sent to me back in November just after he left.
"They say you can never go back. That may be true but most certainly I shall bask in the warmth of those moments.”
I would also like to mention Keith “Mortin” Whitsitt, the founder of the original Icrontic.com, who died not long before Christmas last year, and despite it being over a year since he passed away, the loss is still strongly felt here at SM. If it wasn’t for Keith, there would be no Short-Media. It’s that simple. So we owe him thanks for that. We send his family our best wishes this Christmas.

So yes, we all have a lot to be thankful for, the fact that we’re all still on this earth for one, and of course that we're all still here at Short-Media, together. I also have it from good authority that 2006 has some big surprises in store, so plenty of things to look forward to. However, next year will not only bring big changes for SM, but this time next year the new version of Windows, Windows Vista, should be lining the shelves ready to offer us better functionality, and of course, fresh headaches.

For now though, once again, all the Short-Media team would like to wish everyone, of all faiths, a very Happy Christmas and of course a drunken frenzy of a New Year!

Thanks for all your support. Now go stuff your Turkey!

Source: Short-Media

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    Best wishes to all of my many friends here at Short-Media. As this year draws to a close I can't help but look back on all the good times we've shared. This also makes me eager to see what the new year has in store for us.

My life is so much better for the fact that I can share it with so many good friends. Here's to all of you!
  • edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas everyone!!
  • edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everyone here at Short-Media, and yes I will also bask in the warmth of a great year that has passed by.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited December 2005
    Happy X-mas to everyone that reads this.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to ALL Short-Medians. :)

Jon & Sally :ausflag:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas and the best is yet to come!!! 2006 is gonna be a great year!!!
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas to you all.
  • securitywonkssecuritywonks Asia - Pacific
    edited December 2005
    Hello All brothers and sisters

We wish you all a Merry Christmas:)

spideracean_as_santa_xmas_celebrations.jpg

enjoy the great day:)

Cordially Yours
    SecurityWonks

NOTE: You can find him in our company website too, playing with children and getting

more gifts and all to celebrate with them
    :);)

Cheers
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas to all of my digital family members here at Short-Media, best wishes to you and your family :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Thanks Jon :D

As always, Spinner delivers a great xmas wish to all!

This year has been a huge year for me personally. I moved to Manchester a year ago today. New job, new friends, new home & a new way of living. It's turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made :D

Short-Media remains a constant in my life and I continue to be immensly proud of everything we have achieved so far. We have the most dedicated members & staff of any site I know. Im proud & honoured to be associated with people who help our little site along. To one and all, thank you! :)

Doug rocks. I am sorry to see him retire but his imprint will forever be stamped onto this site. There is no way Short-Media could be where it is today without him. He is missed and I know we have to work extra hard to make sure the standard he set does not drop :)

To my buddy Brian, you rule dude. You rule! Together we are going to forge the next phase of Short-Media's world domination. It's going to be a challenge but it's going to be fun. Your support with my crazy ideas & your unbridled enthuiasm continues to push us to keep this site from falling into "just another tech site" :D

To our staff, you guys are awesome. I am humbled by the commitment you show and the effort you all put in. You keep us ticking over with gusto. I don't need to wonder if that spammer thread is going to be moved, chances are that Necropolis, Kwitko, Leonardo (that's just for starters) or any of the others has already moved it, cleaned it up and banned the loser in question ;D You contribution is immesurable :thumbsup:

Have a happy whatever you are all celebrating and do it safely! :D
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas to all ...and have a Happy New Year! :woowoo:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    wmann_guitar.gif Merry Christmas Friends! I've enjoyed being a member here with you all for a few yrs now.
    Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas & New Years.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas, guys. Have a good one.
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone :)
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all staff and members of Short-Media!!!

~Cyrix
  • PumalitePumalite Santiago-Centro
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas to all!
  • rykoryko new york
    edited December 2005
    merry christmas and happy hanukah to everybody...or whatever you may be celebrating :)
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited December 2005
    Happy holidays and a happy new year! All the best to you and your families! :celebrate:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    I have been seriously ill this holiday season, with a stomach flu that swept through my household like a plague and a bad cold on top of it all... So I haven't been able to post at all for the last few days. Regardless, I'll have more to say when I have time and when I feel up to it... So, in the meantime, happy holidays to everyone. :)
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited December 2005
    Rats, ps. I hope you all get better soon and make the most of what remains of the holiday. Here I thought you were taking some time out ....

ps, been there, done that. Your shop or no, it's the right thing. Get well first, then get back, and, as soon as possible I hope for you good cheer.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    Here's hoping that you're feeling better soon, prime. The old place isn't the same without you. :)
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas to every SM member :D
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Happy Holidays and a safe New Year!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    I have been seriously ill this holiday season, with a stomach flu that swept through my household like a plague and a bad cold on top of it all... So I haven't been able to post at all for the last few days. Regardless, I'll have more to say when I have time and when I feel up to it... So, in the meantime, happy holidays to everyone. :)

Hope you guys get better soon Brian. We've been sick here too with roto-virus (sp?). Not as bad as what you guys have but I know it sucks being sick during the holidays.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Get well soon maestro, it's been really quiet without you around :(

Il call ya in the week to "cheer" you up ;D:D:mullet:
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited December 2005
    As this year draws to a close, I have to reflect on the blessings that have come my way. From the drama of Katrina (which my SM family REALLY came through and helped not only my family but countless others) all the way up to the sweeping changes to my life of late (I closed on a new house, bought a new car ... minivan... and found out the my Beautiful Wife is pregnant with our second child, all in the same weekend), I can't begin to express how grateful I am that I have the wonderful family here at home and abroad looking out for me, my family and my PC. You guys and gals are awesome and I can't say enough great things about all of you.

Merry Christma-Chauna-Kwanza-kah to all and to all a good night! :thumbsup:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Man I missed Christmas!!! did it really come to pass already. I must have been hibernating...

Merry belated Xmas everyone. i was out of town and away from the comp's, But Happy New Years!
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited December 2005
    Sorry I missed y'all for the Christmas Greeting, I, like Mr. Brian was bed-ridden for almost a week with the flu.

To Brian and Shorty, and the rest of the S-M Staff:

Thanks for the best place to hang out on the net. Your dedication is evident to everyone that visits this site. We thank you for it.

To all my S-M friends: Though I only know you through words and pictures, but your friendship is no less important to me than anyone I've met in person. You all make this site a fantastic place to learn, laugh, argue, and sometimes morn.

I wish you all the happiest, most successful New Year.

I can't wait to see what's in store for S-M in 2006! :thumbsup:

Sincerely,

RADA
    (Fred)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Merry Christmas to all!! and a happy new year!

Sorry that i haven't been on in a few days to see this, installing my new car stereo and all.

Met a lot of cool people on here and my 1 year "aniversary" is coming up at the end of the month.
  • ze_merovingianze_merovingian de+roi+, via highland park, via MTL
    edited December 2005
    Happy Holidays everyone!