Memory upgrade

NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
edited January 2006 in Hardware
So, its about time I upgrade my memory. Right now i'm running thishttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820231011 . I have a little more than $60 to spend and i only wanna buy a stick of 512 right now. I do no overclocking and all i really use my computer for is gaming. I just want a fast stable chip. What would you guys recomend?

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    How about another of what you have now?
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited January 2006
    I was gonna, but i'm thinking about into the future...If i buy another set and wanted to get more memory i'd have to buy brand new. So i thought i'd just start now and buy a nice 512 chip, and another of the same in a couple months. Then i'd have the other two free slots for when i need them.
    edited January 2006
    Any suggestions?
    edited January 2006
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited January 2006
    Listen to madmat. I would take Patriot over crucial any day of the week. I am useing Patriot dual channel XBLK now and It is the best memory I have ever had so far. Very fast and priced about the same as crucial..:thumbsup:

ps. Go to newegg and read the reviews 38 out of 40 gave it 5 eggs...
  • edited January 2006
    Not to mention the Balistix is having problems with the ram becoming unstable.

I'm running the bigger brothers to the ram I suggested and it's freaky fast. For $60 it's impossible to go wrong.
    edited January 2006
    awesome, thanks guys. On the timing of the patriot memory, what does the T1 mean?
  • edited January 2006
    The command rate is 1T. There's either 1T ot 2T...1T is faster.