"Fortune 500" of Folding

scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
edited January 2006 in Milestones
Maybe that should be the "Folding 500" :clap:

After about 2 1/2 years of dedicated folding I finally made it into the top 500 folders worlwide. while this may not be an official milestone... it is one I have been looking forward to for a long time. It seems the closer you get to the top , the slower it goes. I think it has taken 5 months to get from 518 to 499. Well here I am ! I think I will have a nice cold one to celebrate.:beer::cheers: :celebrate

Scott

Edit...oops. I thought I put this in milestones. Can someone move it ?
500.JPG 55.9K

Comments

• edited January 2006
    congrats!! Nice work on making it to the top 500. hopefully i can make it there in the future.

bikerboy
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Awesome work Scott! Once you get past the people that don't live and breathe folding, working your way up in the ranks takes extra long.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Major congrats Scott!:cheers:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    I remember when I broke the "Fortune 500".... it was a good day. Just think, you are in the top 1/2 percent of active users or in the top 0.09 percent of all users. That's VERY impressive!!! Congrats!!!
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited January 2006
    QCH2002 wrote:
    I remember when I broke the "Fortune 500".... it was a good day. Just think, you are in the top 1/2 percent of active users or in the top 0.09 percent of all users. That's VERY impressive!!! Congrats!!!

That was my very thought. Congrats, Scott! :thumbsup:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited January 2006
    Congratulations on your "unofficial" MAJOR milestone, Scott.:thumbsup:

The higher you go, the harder it gets which makes those milestones all the more sweeter.

Have one on us, it's well deserved.:cheers:

Jon & Sally:ausflag:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Well done, Scott.
    It seems the closer you get to the top , the slower it goes.
    It used to be my place of work had several Dell Optiplex machines. As the de facto sysadmin (no one else knew what they were doing), I was able to legally install F@H on all the office machines, including the laptops. It was so much fun watching my score jump leaps and bounds every day. That's where I got the "Reign of Terror" notation below my avatar. Alas, I left that job (retired from Army service) near a year and a half ago. Production is really good, but like you wrote, competition at the higher levels is steep indeed.

But again, a well deserved congratulations to you.
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited January 2006
    Congrats scott :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Top work buddy :D:fold:
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Thanks a lot everybody !!

In the next 2 weeks i will move up 2 slots. Then if nothing changes....It will be over a year for the next move.

Scott
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited January 2006
    Congratulations, Scott. I'm fighting to get back into the top 800. I was there briefly a while back, lost a few machines, now find that I'm lucky to move up even a few notches a week.

Great job! :woowoo:
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Good Luck moving up even more, and Congrats!!

:celebrate