PowerColor Offers Lifetime Warranty For X1900

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited January 2006 in Science & Tech
Graphics card manufacturer PowerColor has just introduced a PC Lifetime Warranty program for all of their ATI X1900 based retail graphics card products purchased on or after January 24, 2006 in the U.S.
PowerColor will provide a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser of each retail product that the product will not suffer, in material or workmanship, from any defect that adversely affects the performance of the product. This lifetime warranty is valid for the life of the retail product, as so long as the original purchaser owns the product, based upon the following conditions:

-PC Lifetime Warranty applies to all X1900 series retail Graphics Card
-Product must be with no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components
-Product must in retail package and have been registered with PowerColor.
-Offer is only valid in the USA and Canada .
Submitted by: Qeldroma

Source: PowerColor

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    Holy crap, how is powercolor's rma team? Anyone have to rma something to them in the past? This may just have me buying an ATi card sooner than I thought.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited January 2006
    Powercolors rma is the most painfull experence ever and they have NEVER taken the rma's we sent in.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited January 2006
    Even though I own a PowerColor and have a good friend who does too, we've not had to do an RMA- so sorry, I can't say.

I will say that the video trouble I've had has always been something else- PSU, etc. Mine also ran a while very hot when the hsf got clogged with bunnies- 80C and more for probably weeks!

Now that the 1 year warranty is gone, I've kind of beaten it up pretty good (my friend and I are having an OC competition)- and I think the X800XT is one tough critter. I have to give PC a kudo for this card.

However, understand they are an off-shore (Taiwan) company, their forum is not great, and, they do NOT do advance RMAs. When I did e-mail them about an issue- it was never responded too. My friend has had somewhat better interaction on the forum, but ....

As it is, I've seen the reviews on the X1900 and am surprised that PC is offering this warranty. The board sounds like it runs HOT (runs loaded at well over 70C!), sucks down copious amounts of power and seems to be clocked to the edge of roll-off (strangling overclocking), so it may be they'll be swimming in RMAs. But if it is as tough as the X800 has been for me, it may make for many more overclocking (warranty breaking), case circulation, and underpowered supply related issues.

Personally, if you like video editting like I do, This All-In-Wonderful Item is much more tempting ... but PowerColor doesn't sell AIWs.

EDIT ADDED: I don't recollect any video card offering a lifetime warranty. I hope it starts a trend!
  • edited January 2006
    BFG and XFX both offer lifetime warranties on their video cards...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    FREE! Lifetime Warranty on ALL our Products!*

*not applicable for any product that breaks.