*NEW* SiI3x12: SATA RAID/IDE BIOS v4x76 Released

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited November 2011 in Science & Tech
Silicon Image have released new 3112 and 3512 controller RAID/IDE BIOS's v4276 and v4376.

I've tested the 3112 bios (v4276) with the onboard controller on the Abit NF7-S v2 and Abit AN7, and it works just fine.

Cheers

Comments

• edited January 2006
    Spinner wrote:
    Silicon Image have released a new 3x12 controller RAID/IDE BIOS v4276.

I've tested it with the onboard controller on the Abit NF7-S v2 and Abit AN7, and it works just fine.

Cheers
    I just want to know if this bios update us supposed to work on a giga byte K8NNXP my pc freezes when I copy to or scan my hdd my hdd I have 2 80gig western digital hdd in stiping. :respect:
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited January 2006
    BioVolt wrote:
    I just want to know if this bios update us supposed to work on a giga byte K8NNXP my pc freezes when I copy to or scan my hdd my hdd I have 2 80gig western digital hdd in stiping. :respect:
    No, you need the BIOS for the 3512 controller not the 3112 (I've amended the thread title). I've attached below the SATA 3512 BIOS files as well as a modded version of the latest CMOS BIOS for your motherboard with v4376 of the 3512 controller BIOS already integrated.

The motherboard BIOS file below is for the GA-K8NNXP only and not the GA-K8NNXP-940. Use at your own risk. Make sure you're using the latest drivers for your controller. Grab them from here: http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=528 (v1.0.0.53)

Cheers
  • edited February 2006
    Hello,
    i've an abit nf7-s rev 2, with 2 sata maxtor 200gb in raid 0.
    My latest driver are 1.0.56.0.
    I'd like to update the bios, actually is 4.2.50.
    Can i update the bios with the raid configured without loss any file etc?
    I tried to flash the bios via the the flash bios tab provided in the
    silicon image sata controller in control panel, but it says that chip , bios and size are unknown.
    How can i do? , can i flash the bios with a boot disk?
    Thank you, sorry for my eng.
    Regards, Atlantis
    edited February 2006
    atlantis wrote:
    Hello,
    i've an abit nf7-s rev 2, with 2 sata maxtor 200gb in raid 0.
    My latest driver are 1.0.56.0.
    I'd like to update the bios, actually is 4.2.50.
    Can i update the bios with the raid configured without loss any file etc?
    I tried to flash the bios via the the flash bios tab provided in the
    silicon image sata controller in control panel, but it says that chip , bios and size are unknown.
    How can i do? , can i flash the bios with a boot disk?
    Thank you, sorry for my eng.
    Regards, Atlantis
    Because your SATA Raid controller is intergrated into the motherboard (onboard), and isn't a seperate PCI card (which is when you'd use the Flash Bios Tab in Windows), the only way to update your RAID controller BIOS is by flashing a version of your main motherboard BIOS which has the lastest RAID controller BIOS integrated.

I believe the latest official (v27) NF7-S v2 bios comes with v4.2.50, so please find attached a modded version of v27, with v4.2.76 of the RAID controller BIOS integrated. I've tested it on my identical board, but nevertheless, use at your own risk. There is no problem with you updating your RAID controller whilst you've got an active RAID array. But the operation is obviously more risky than doing nothing.

Cheers
  • edited February 2006
    Everything goes ok, thank you very much!
  • edited February 2006
    Hello again,
    in these 24 hours i've experienced loss and corruption of data in the striped disks.
    Now i've re-flashed the original d27 bios and everything goes ok.
    Any ideas?
    edited February 2006
    atlantis wrote:
    Hello again,
    in these 24 hours i've experienced loss and corruption of data in the striped disks.
    Now i've re-flashed the original d27 bios and everything goes ok.
    Any ideas?
    I've had no problems and I've been using the BIOS for a few weeks. Make sure you're running the latest (official) drivers which can be downloaded here: http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=528 (v1.0.0.53)

However, if it runs fine using 4.2.50, then don't risk anymore problems, seeing as you've had a few.

Cheers
  • edited February 2006
    I've used the 1.0.0.56 ver of the driver, now i'll try with the ver 1.0.0.53.
    I'll tell you. :)
    edited February 2006
    atlantis wrote:
    I've used the 1.0.0.56 ver of the driver, now i'll try with the ver 1.0.0.53.
    I'll tell you. :)
    The driver with the version number 1.0.56.0 is a new driver which recently appeared on the Windows Update site. I haven't tested this yet so I can't comment on its stability, but 1.0.0.53 is still the latest version up on the Silicon Image site.

I'm going to test the 1.0.56.0 drivers for you now. I'll post back.

Cheers
  • edited February 2006
    Hi,

i have an Problem with my Gigabyte GA-8PE800 Ultra and onboard Sil 3112 SATA controller. I used the Driver 1.1.0.52 from the Gigabyte-Site (1.63MB).

If i copy files to my SATA HDD, i became the errormessage at the eventbrowser:

During a paging procedure an error was determined. Equipment \Device\Harddisk2\D is concerned. (Translation from german to english).

Can it be, i must have the newest BIOS for the Sil3112?
    And can anyone make some Biosmod for me :type: ?

Thx a lot. :wave:
    edited February 2006
    Deathman wrote:
    Hi,

i have an Problem with my Gigabyte GA-8PE800 Ultra and onboard Sil 3112 SATA controller. I used the Driver 1.1.0.52 from the Gigabyte-Site (1.63MB).

If i copy files to my SATA HDD, i became the errormessage at the eventbrowser:

During a paging procedure an error was determined. Equipment \Device\Harddisk2\D is concerned. (Translation from german to english).

Can it be, i must have the newest BIOS for the Sil3112?
    And can anyone make some Biosmod for me :type: ?

Thx a lot. :wave:
    Considering the fact that the SATA controller BIOS version that comes with the latest Gigabyte motherboard BIOS (the version I presume you're running, F8) is about one hundred years old, there's a very good chance that updating your SATA controller BIOS will help things.

Please see attached a modded version of the Gigabyte GA-8PE800 Ultra F8 BIOS with the latest SATA controller BIOS v4.2.76. (Use at your own risk)

Also, you're using really old drivers as well. If you're just using a single disk and running your controller in BASE mode, then download and use these http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=527 (v1.3.63.0)

If you're using your controller for RAID or in RAID mode, then download and use these drivers: http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=528 (v1.0.0.53)

Let me know how you get on.
  • edited February 2006
    Spinner wrote:
    Considering the fact that the SATA controller BIOS version that comes with the latest Gigabyte motherboard BIOS (the version I presume you're running, F8) is about one hundred years old, there's a very good chance that updating your SATA controller BIOS will help things.

Please see attached a modded version of the Gigabyte GA-8PE800 Ultra F8 BIOS with the latest SATA controller BIOS v4.2.76. (Use at your own risk)

Also, you're using really old drivers as well. If you're just using a single disk and running your controller in BASE mode, then download and use these http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=527 (v1.3.63.0)

If you're using your controller for RAID or in RAID mode, then download and use these drivers: http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=528 (v1.0.0.53)

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Spinner,

the Bios function, but i have always the same failure with my Hitachi SATA HDD. Thanks for update the Bios :D .

I buyed an PCI-Card Controller from Maxtor, and i have no problems :respect: .
    I dont know why these Onboard Controller make these failure :aol: .

BIG Thx to you and the other for these Forum:respect::respect: .
  • edited February 2006
    Is it possible to Flash the System Bios, ATA RAID BIOS, and the SATA RAID bios all int he same file?

I'm running a Giga-byte GA-8KNXP (Rev 2.x)
    My Current System Bios: FJ

My Current ATA Raid: 1.41 (IT8212F)
    newest v1.7.1.94

My Current SATA: 4.136C (Sil3112)

Could someone help me out a little?
    would it be better to build two seperate flash images and do the ATA & SATA seperate?
    thanks
    edited February 2006
    typeoserv wrote:
    Is it possible to Flash the System Bios, ATA RAID BIOS, and the SATA RAID bios all int he same file?

I'm running a Giga-byte GA-8KNXP (Rev 2.x)
    My Current System Bios: FJ

My Current ATA Raid: 1.41 (IT8212F)
    newest v1.7.1.94

My Current SATA: 4.136C (Sil3112)

Could someone help me out a little?
    would it be better to build two seperate flash images and do the ATA & SATA seperate?
    thanks
    Hi typeoserv, welcome to Short-Media!

The ATA and SATA BIOS files (IT8212F & Sil3112) are both part of the motherboard BIOS. There would be no problem flashing a BIOS to your motherboard that would update both your controller BIOS's at the same time.

That being said I haven't been able to find a controller BIOS file to update the IT8212F rom (the ITE site only has up a PCI card BIOS update file, which won't do), however in the FK version of your motherboard BIOS (newer version than the one you're running) I think Gigabyte might have updated the IT8212F controller BIOS to 1.7x anyway, so...

Please find attached a modded version of the FK BIOS for your motherboard, modded with the latest SI3112 controller BIOS (4247).

Let me know how you get on. Use at your own risk.

Cheers
  • edited February 2006
    i made some home work, with cbrom and the d27 abit nf7-s rev 2 bios.
    I noticed that using cbrom 2.15, if i remove the last module ( spectrum.exe ) and insert it again, the checksum ( md5 sha etc) of the bios change. I think this isn't a good thing. With cbrom 6.06 if i remove the last module and put it again the checksum is correct ( equal to the original ). So i tought, ok, i found the right program to update the sata bios module. But there is a problem, because there are 2 pci modules, cbrom 6.06 fail to insert the sata module in the bios. I tried all cbrom version and no 1 of them are able to remove and re insert modules making this bios equal to the original although the modules are the same and in the same order. Any ideas?. Sorry for my eng.
    edited February 2006
    atlantis wrote:
    i made some home work, with cbrom and the d27 abit nf7-s rev 2 bios.
    I noticed that using cbrom 2.15, if i remove the last module ( spectrum.exe ) and insert it again, the checksum ( md5 sha etc) of the bios change. I think this isn't a good thing. With cbrom 6.06 if i remove the last module and put it again the checksum is correct ( equal to the original ). So i tought, ok, i found the right program to update the sata bios module. But there is a problem, because there are 2 pci modules, cbrom 6.06 fail to insert the sata module in the bios. I tried all cbrom version and no 1 of them are able to remove and re insert modules making this bios equal to the original although the modules are the same and in the same order. Any ideas?. Sorry for my eng.
    Dude, thanks for posting back, but forgive me for not understanding you, what are you trying to do? and why? :)

I already made you a BIOS for your motherboard with the latest SATA controller BIOS. If it doesn't work well with the drives you've got then it's a compatibility problem rather than a BIOS creation problem. Because like I said, I'm using the exact BIOS file I posted for you, without any problems.

However, like I said, if your system runs great (like you said) with the 4.2.50 controller BIOS, then just leave it. There's no good reason for you to want to use 4.2.76 considering 4.2.50 works great, especially seeing as you know 4.2.76 doesn't work well with your hard drives. :)
  • edited February 2006
    i'd like to know why the bios change after replacing the same module :(.
    btw have you tried the taipan or tictac modded bioses?
    edited February 2006
    atlantis wrote:
    i'd like to know why the bios change after replacing the same module :(
    I don't know man, it's probably to do with the compression used by the different versions of cbrom. But besides, you should be using cbrom 2.07 not 2.15 or 6.06. http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=77 At least 2.07 is what I use when working on the majority of BIOS files.

But anyway, what I meant to say was; Why are you messing around with your BIOS file? What are you trying to do? :)
    edited February 2006
    atlantis wrote:
    btw have you tried the taipan or tictac modded bioses?
    Sorry mate, I've no idea what you're talking about. :confused2
  • edited February 2006
    they are modified bioses with more options, like fsb-sense (l12) software or cpc.
    edited February 2006
    atlantis wrote:
    they are modified bioses with more options, like fsb-sense (l12) software or cpc.
    And that's what you're trying to do with your BIOS file? :)
  • edited February 2006
    i'd like to update sata rom of these bios :)
    edited February 2006
    atlantis wrote:
    i'd like to update sata rom of these bios :)
    Post the BIOS file(s) you want modding, and I'll do it for you. :)
  • edited February 2006
    Siliconimage removed from his site the bios ver 4.2.76 and latest driver 1.0.0.53. Now are available only bios ver 4.2.66 and driver 1.0.0.51. Anyone knows why?

Sorry Spinner, i hadn't read your post. I don't wan't anymore using those bioses, thanks anyway, but if you interested in, you can found them at h**p://www.hwtweakers.net/postt4741.html
  • edited February 2006
    HI Spinner,

I have happened upon your forums here and am very impressed at the support you are giving out for free and in a timely fashion. Very comendable. I am an avid PC'r, gamer, Web Designer and novice programmer. So i appreciate sites like this that actually have a good communtiy going.

I am having a problem with my Silicon Images 3112 SATA Raid adapter, which is integrated on my ABIT IC7-G Motherboard. When I benchmark my HDD's attached to the Si 3112 I get a very slow uncached speed (approx. 30 kb/s) Whether in RAID or or not the HDD's, attached to the Si 3112 are performing horribly. These HDD's are brand new (OEM) WD Raptors just purchased from NewEgg so I do not think they are faulty, but have yet to test them on a different controller. My last ditch effort was to find the latest Silicon Drivers, BIOS and Utilities. I have the latest Drivers ( 1.0.0.51) installed with no fix as of yet. I have also downloaded the latest BIOS with no way to install...I have read this and the other 3xx12 thread that is going and saw that you have modded some BIOS, I would love to have the latest ABIT IC7-G and and latest Si 3112 Bios integrated. If you could get around to helping me out, I would appreciate it GREATLY. Thanks for reading... I'll check back soon.

Latest ABIT IC7-G BIOS here: http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/downloads.php?file=ftp://ftp-usa.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/ic7/ic728.exe
    edited February 2006
    HI Spinner,

I have happened upon your forums here and am very impressed at the support you are giving out for free and in a timely fashion. Very comendable. I am an avid PC'r, gamer, Web Designer and novice programmer. So i appreciate sites like this that actually have a good communtiy going.

I am having a problem with my Silicon Images 3112 SATA Raid adapter, which is integrated on my ABIT IC7-G Motherboard. When I benchmark my HDD's attached to the Si 3112 I get a very slow uncached speed (approx. 30 kb/s) Whether in RAID or or not the HDD's, attached to the Si 3112 are performing horribly. These HDD's are brand new (OEM) WD Raptors just purchased from NewEgg so I do not think they are faulty, but have yet to test them on a different controller. My last ditch effort was to find the latest Silicon Drivers, BIOS and Utilities. I have the latest Drivers ( 1.0.0.51) installed with no fix as of yet. I have also downloaded the latest BIOS with no way to install...I have read this and the other 3xx12 thread that is going and saw that you have modded some BIOS, I would love to have the latest ABIT IC7-G and and latest Si 3112 Bios integrated. If you could get around to helping me out, I would appreciate it GREATLY. Thanks for reading... I'll check back soon.

Latest ABIT IC7-G BIOS here: http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/downloads.php?file=ftp://ftp-usa.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/ic7/ic728.exe
    See attached. Use at your own risk.

There are a couple of newer drivers than v1.0.0.51. See the link below for one. Visit Windows Update for the other. Microsoft has had v1.0.56.0 posted since the start of the year. The drivers off WU have the newest date mark.

http://www.short-media.com/download.php?d=528 (v1.0.0.53)

Let me know how you get on. And don't rely too much on benchmark figures. If there are no real world symptoms, then I wouldn't worry about it. What benchmark are you using?
  • edited February 2006
    Oh man, than you so much.

You may laugh but I use the tests at http://www.pcpitstop.com to test a fresh install of windows. (an old routine that has served me well)

When i run that test, whether in RAID or not, one or both of my Raptor's running on the Si 3112 get slow uncached speed results.

My system:

Abit IC7-G (h20 cooled Northbridge)
    P4 2.8c Northwood @ 3.6ghz (h20 Cooled)
    Geil DDR550 @ 257mhz
    Ati Radeon X800XL (Omega Drivers) (h20 Cooled)
    Audigy2 ZS platinum
    x2 WD Raptor 36gb in RAID 0 (Intel Onboard SATA/RAID Controller)
    ^ I am using these for my work/office application OS (XP)^
    x2 WD Raptor 36gb (Silicon images OnChip SATA/RAID Controller)
    ^ This is what I am having problems with, I want to install a second OS on these Drives (RAID) for gaming. But I obviously dont want my games on a slow or malfunctioning HDD or RAID Controller.

Thanks for the help, i am going to flash my BIOS now. I'll check back soon.
  • edited February 2006
    Well I appreciate your help but unfortunately I think I have a bad Raptor.

2 I have had for a while and love, running on the OnCHip Intel SATA/RAID controller. Good stuff.

I just recently purchased 2 OEM Raptor's from NewEgg, and it seems one or both of them is Bad.

After I Updated Si 3112 BIOS (modded BIOS from Spinner), Installled latest Si 3112 drivers (1.0.0.53), I tried to format my RAID set and I got the following errors from the Silicon SATAraid software.

Time: 2006.02.23 at 18:43:32 Controller ID: 0 SeqNumber: 0 Severity: 1 Description: SATARaid Configuration tool started.
    Time: 2006.02.23 at 18:44:22 Controller ID: 1 SeqNumber: 0 Severity: 3 Description: SCSI Error-Aborted Command. Error occured on Channel 1 device on adapter 1. Channel 1 - Key 0b - ASC 00, ASCQ 00 - CDB 0x2a 0x00 0x00 0x2f 0x74 0x8f 0x00 0x00 0x40 0x00 0x00 0x00 - INFO 00 00 00 00
    Time: 2006.02.23 at 18:44:22 Controller ID: 1 SeqNumber: 1 Severity: 3 Description: SCSI Error-Aborted Command. Error occured on Channel 1 device on adapter 1. Channel 1 - Key 0b - ASC 00, ASCQ 00 - CDB 0x2a 0x00 0x00 0x2f 0x83 0x4f 0x00 0x00 0x40 0x00 0x00 0x00 - INFO 00 00 00 00
    Time: 2006.02.23 at 18:44:47 Controller ID: 1 SeqNumber: 2 Severity: 3 Description: SCSI Error-Aborted Command. Error occured on Channel 1 device on adapter 1. Channel 1 - Key 0b - ASC 00, ASCQ 00 - CDB 0x2a 0x00 0x00 0x2f 0x93 0x4f 0x00 0x00 0x40 0x00 0x00 0x00 - INFO 00 00 00 00
    Time: 2006.02.23 at 18:44:47 Controller ID: 1 SeqNumber: 3 Severity: 3 Description: SCSI Error-Aborted Command. Error occured on Channel 1 device on adapter 1. Channel 1 - Key 0b - ASC 00, ASCQ 00 - CDB 0x28 0x00 0x00 0x2f 0xb8 0xcf 0x00 0x00 0x40 0x00 0x00 0x00 - INFO 00 00 00 00
    Time: 2006.02.23 at 18:44:47 Controller ID: 1 SeqNumber: 4 Severity: 3 Description: SCSI Error-Aborted Command. Error occured on Channel 0 device on adapter 1. Channel 0 - Key 0b - ASC 00, ASCQ 00 - CDB 0x2a 0x00 0x00 0x2f 0xc8 0xa0 0x00 0x00 0x40 0x00 0x00 0x00 - INFO 00 00 00 00
    Time: 2006.02.23 at 18:44:47 Controller ID: 1 SeqNumber: 5 Severity: 3 Description: SCSI Error-Aborted Command. Error occured on Channel 1 device on adapter 1. Channel 1 - Key 0b - ASC 00, ASCQ 00 - CDB 0x2a 0x00 0x02 0x27 0x91 0xc0 0x00 0x00 0x40 0x00 0x00 0x00 - INFO 00 00 00 00

Unfortunate.

My last test will be to take these 2 suspect Raptors and try them on the Intel SATA/RAID controller on my spare pc (also a ABIT IC7-G mobo).
  • edited February 2006
    I realize that I should probably take this issue to another thread and I will tommorrow. But while I have your attention Spinner can you reccomend a good HDD diagnostic/benchmark program? Also a good partitioning app, I am using Partition magic 7.0, which is kind of old and I hope isnt the cause of the problems I am having.
    edited February 2006
    I realize that I should probably take this issue to another thread and I will tommorrow. But while I have your attention Spinner can you reccomend a good HDD diagnostic/benchmark program? Also a good partitioning app, I am using Partition magic 7.0, which is kind of old and I hope isnt the cause of the problems I am having.
    http://support.wdc.com/download/

You want to test your drives individually and not whilst they're in a RAID array. Download the appropriate diagnostic tool from the above link.

You should use Windows Disk Management to format and partition your disks at this point. (Right Click My Computer - Manage - Disk Management). You should also try rebuilding your RAID array. You need to do all of the above before you try the HD's in another system.

1) Try using Windows Disk Management instead of PM7.
    2) Remove your RAID array and test your disks thoroughly and seperately with the Western Digital diag' tool(s).
    3) If no problems detected, rebuild your RAID array.
    4) Format and partition using Windows Disk Management.
    5) If problems still exist at this point, try them in another system.

However, if your WD Diag tool indicates a problem with one of the disks, the diag reports should help with RMA'ing it. But it's been a while since I've used them.

Let me know how you get on. This thread is fine. I'll tidy up once you've sorted it.