NEW Windows Defender Beta 2 Released

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited February 2006 in Science & Tech
Microsoft have released the long awaited beta 2 of Windows Defender, formely Microsoft AntiSpyware.

The new versions sports a new user interface similar to what is found in Windows Vista. The UI has been redesigned to make normal tasks easy, a better warning system and to be less intrusive. Real time protection and monitoring has been enhanced to monitor more points of weakness in the Windows operating system. The latest version now supports x64 operating systems and will run on users machines with or without administrator rights, something that was always an issue with Beta 1.

Download: Windows Defender Beta 2 (XP) (6.4MB)
Download: Windows Defender Beta 2 (XP64) (7.93MB)
View: Windows Defender Information

"Defender, Defender, we will never Surrender!" said the Spyware makers.

Source: Neowin

Comments

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    But it won't run on machines with an unvalidated copy of windows. I have no idea how I found that out.....
  • edited February 2006
    That's good for people who actually purchase software, like me. Want a free OS stick with Linux.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    That's good for people who actually purchase software, like me. Want a free OS stick with Linux.

If you would drive back to my house and get me my CD key off my burned out lappy I wouldn't have this problem!! ;)

I do buy all my stuff BTW, just a bit lazy right now.
  • edited February 2006
    Isn't that the same program that mis-identified NAV as spyware and borked it recently? ;D;D
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited February 2006
    muddocktor wrote:
    Isn't that the same program that mis-identified NAV as spyware and borked it recently? ;D;D
    Yep. ;D
  • MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2006
    muddocktor wrote:

Program is smarter than it looks :wink:
  • edited February 2006
    You also have to go to MS's website to download the x64 msi...
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited February 2006
    tefleming wrote:
    You also have to go to MS's website to download the x64 msi...
    Not anymore you don't. ;)

Download: Windows Defender Beta 2 (XP64) (7.93MB)