Folding Problem

NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
edited March 2006 in Folding@Home
Well, up until today that i noticed i only have one processor folding i had two. So i opend up the folding console and was looking at the name and team info to make sure it was set up correctly and it was, but the user id's were both different. Could it also be that the other computer hasn't started its first step yet?

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2006
    By "user ID" do you mean username or Machine ID? Are these two different computers or a dual-CPU or dual-core system?
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited March 2006
    Underneath username is says user id..and underneath user id is machine id. I'm talking about user id. and Now it says i have 0 cpus folding? its it because i havn't completed a wu in a while? i don't get this!
    edited March 2006
    Ah. Sorry - I must of had a brain cramp... :vimp:

The user ID is just a number Stanford assigns to each individual computer. If you were to uninstall FAH and then reinstall it you would get a completely different one.

It looks like you're Folding right along at the moment. :rockon:
    edited March 2006
    I don't understand why its only showing one processor though.
    edited March 2006
    Look in Task Manager on both computers and make sure that the FahCore is using a high percentage of the CPU. If that's the case, then the next step is to check the logs and make sure the username and Team # is correct on both.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    it says 2 procs w/in 50 days and 1 proc w/in 7 days ...apparantly you haven't turned in wu's from both processors w/in 7 days. Or have you?

What hardware are you running on and what wu's are you processing?
    edited March 2006
    Hardware. First pc - amd 3000+ 939, 2X512 Kingston Hyperx pc-3200.
    Second pc - Pentium 4 2.5ghz and 2 X 256 pc3200.

What do you mean by what work units am I processing? I just run the program lol!
    edited March 2006
    Look in the folder you installed FAH from and see what the logs say. Attach them here if you can. The file you're looking for on each computer is named FAHlog.txt
    edited March 2006
    are you using any flags? wow you could probably really add to your points if you haven't added the -advmethods flag to your p4 box yet.
    edited March 2006
    What do you need to see from the logs?

I'm pretty sure that its the p4 not showing up.
    edited March 2006
    This part ought to do it:
    # Windows Console Edition #####################################################
    ###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 5.04beta

http://folding.stanford.edu

Launch directory: C:\Program Files\FAH
    Service: C:\Program Files\FAH\FAH504-Console.exe
    Arguments: -svcstart

Launched as a service.
    Entered C:\Program Files\FAH to do work.

[20:16:33] - Ask before connecting: No
    [20:16:33] - User name: scthoburn (Team 93)
    [20:16:33] - User ID: BEC42052D38545D
    [20:16:33] - Machine ID: 1
    [20:16:33]
    [20:16:33] Loaded queue successfully.
    [20:16:33] + Benchmarking ...
    [20:16:35]
    [20:16:35] + Processing work unit
    [20:16:35] Core required: FahCore_65.exe
    [20:16:35] Core found.
    [20:16:35] Working on Unit 04 [March 5 20:16:35]
    [20:16:35] + Working ...
    [20:16:46] Folding@Home Client Core Version 2.53 (June 29, 2004)
    edited March 2006
    csimon wrote:
    are you using any flags? wow you could probably really add to your points if you haven't added the -advmethods flag to your p4 box yet.
    Sorry i havn't responded and said that the problems been fixed for a while. What do you mean by flags?
    edited March 2006
    Launch directory: C:\Program Files\FAH
    Service: C:\Program Files\FAH\FAH504-Console.exe
    Arguments: -svcstart

On the arguments line you could have -advmethods which would request certain beta wu's which are mostly gromacs and double gromacs and such ...P4's a more productive with these.
    edited March 2006
    There may already be a sticky or something telling how to add flags ...but basically if you're running f@h as a service you would need to edit the registry. Just do a "find" for -svcstart and that's where you add the flag ...if you need more help just ask ...there's quite a few of us who can walk you through it w/ no problem.