Quark 6, Adobe Acrobat 6 release news

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Internet & Media
Well, looks like Quark 6 is out. From first looks, it seems to have a pretty heftily redesigned interface, which may or may not go over well with Quark folks. From past experience, I can say that Quark people don't like change. At all. Versions 3,4, and 5 (and point releases of each) all looked and handled pretty much the same. 6 is of course X native now, a must for Mac software publishers. Hopefully this will get Quark out of the doldrums they've been in for the past five years. Now, if they would only do something about that customer service....

On the Adobe front, we have a final release of Acrobat 6 , which should finally converge all the promises of what a consistent cross platform document format can be. One big thing about the new version is, of course, enhanced security (since previous versions had about as much security as a .ZIP file, which is to say none.) It looks like they've increased simplicity, which should finally bring Acrobat to the masses. Making a PDF file has always been a nefarious affair, with so many different (and confusing to non "printing professionals") settings. Acrobat 6 promises the one-click PDF thing.. We'll have to see. If I can get my hands on a review copy, I'll write up a review on it, since I'm a huge fan of Adobe products and Acrobat especially.