I am going to kill my friend

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Gaming
I have been playing baulders gate : dark Alliance on my x box for like 2 weeks and i was darn far in it and my friend saves over my game! OMG i was like near the end too! OMG I WAS TO KILL HIM!!! I AM GOING TO KILL HIM! OMG!!! " **** News update * A 20 yr old tean has been arrested in the murder of his best friend, The teen who was killed had an xbox controller shoved up his rear "

Comments

• Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited October 2003
    News Update: Gnomewizzard never won a spelling bee.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Consider this an exercise in replay value.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    News Flash Its 12:30 am i been up since 4 am I am tierd and ticked so back off you little tard
    edited October 2003
    and yes i did win spelling bee's in school! but I gradumatated and I no longer HAVE to spell correctly and plus I stink at typing but i am slowly getting better I have big hands Since i am like 6'5'' unlike shortys small mitts
    edited October 2003
    ok its been like 10 min so now i am alittle more cooled off Not much but alittle and I know i will be yelled at for calling al a tard even tho he is , sooooo I mise well apologize now. Sorry
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited October 2003
    Must... find ..... will to ..... live on...
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited October 2003
    forget the spelling, gnome said 20 year old tean, which of course should be teen, but even then teen shouldn't be there at all. It's 20 years! That's out of your teens.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2003
    Thrax said
    Consider this an exercise in replay value.
    ;D;D
    Al_Capown said
    Must... find ..... will to ..... live on...
    :vimp:
    a2jfreak said
    forget the spelling, gnome said 20 year old tean, which of course should be teen, but even then teen shouldn't be there at all. It's 20 years! That's out of your teens.
    :Pwned:

Now, who else caught the spelling error, but missed the math part altogether?:eek3: :crazy:

Consider this thread a handy prep for the SAT. :D
    I know how your friend feels - I did the same thing to my daughter years ago when she was near the end of King's Quest VII. Try explaining something like that to an eleven year old teenager. ...sorry, couldn't help myself... :tongue:

Being the computer genius that I am, I found a saved game on the 'net and downloaded it for her. Probably the only reason I'm alive to tell the tale. :doh:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I hate it when people whine about spelling and grammar in posts on the intarnet!

Ulas jo spal lkdis me dnt car1

I take that back, I hate it when people put no spaces behind their periods.like this.you know who you are.yes you.muahahahaha.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Thread gone off topic in record time? ;D
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited October 2003
    Doubt it. Betcha Shorty's hijacked a thread faster... (sorry...) ;D
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    RWB said
    I hate it when people whine about spelling and grammar in posts on the intarnet!

Ulas jo spal lkdis me dnt car1

I take that back, I hate it when people put no spaces behind their periods.like this.you know who you are.yes you.muahahahaha.

I.had.a.friend.in.a.MMORPG.who.had.a.keyboard.with.a.busted.spacebar.he.could.type.like.this.at.about.75.wpm.it.was.amazing;D
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited October 2003
    Modded xbox?

If so just find someone with a save near to where you were and put that on your xbox.

good luck. I feel yathough. I have had the same thing happen in the past.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    When I was a kid, my friend had a Commodore 64 and one of the SSI "Gold Box" RPGs called "Champions of Krynn" - i would play on his computer with my own character disk after school for about an hour or two. We got into a fight (we are all of 10/11) and he came to my house about an hour later, holding a half of a 5 1/4" floppy in each hand - My character disk. He threw it on the ground and then went home.

That chopped up character disk represented about a month's worth of after-school playtime. I was mightily pissed.

Ahhh, childhood geeks....
    edited October 2003
    primesuspect said
    ...he came to my house about an hour later, holding a half of a 5 1/4" floppy in each hand - My character disk. He threw it on the ground and then went home.

That chopped up character disk represented about a month's worth of after-school playtime. I was mightily pissed.

Ahhh, childhood geeks....
    That is one of the saddest stories I've ever heard. :bawling:

Did you kill him?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Even worse : Many years later, I coerced him into signing up to these forums :eek2:
    edited October 2003
    You gonna name names? :D
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Should be playing Dark Alliance anyway, its a desicration to the Balurs Gate series. Damn console garbage.........

NS
  • jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I'll expose myself before Prime gets the pleasure. I WAS THE ONE WHO CUT THE DISK. However I believe the fight was all Prime's fault. You see, he said that my Commodore 64 was nothing compared to his Atari ST. I think every body would agree that I HAD to defend my "Rig". No on second thought I'm just a jerk. Thanks prime for pointing that out to EVERYBODY on the forum :-)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    "Commodore" 64 or 128? Either way, it owned the Atari ST.

Shouldn't play console games anyway, because apparently games companies are going to stop developing for the PC altogether.......

NS
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited October 2003
    Ahh, can't you feel the love in here? Now come on, lets end all the fussin' n' the fudden'. Why don't Microman and Prime give each other a big huge :).

Actually, I had a similar thing happen a couple months ago, except it was my doing. I have the power cable for my PS2 plugged into my sterio reciever. I had been happily playing GTA:VC for sometime and had gotten quite far into the game. In fact, there were only two assets left in the game that I did not have. Well I go to save the game, and while the game is saving I accidently hit the power button on the reciever remote, thereby shutting off the PS2. When I turned the PS2 back on I came to find out that the GTA:VC file was gone. My emotions went something like this > :wow: :doh: :banghead: :bawling:
    :Pwned:

I know your pain, I know it all too well. :(
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2003
    karatekid said
    Why don't Microman and Prime give each other a big huge :).

....erm...a big huge...what? :D

Most recently I saved over my Ikaruga file on the gamecube, cuz I didn't realize you had to load a file first before you can update it with more input. For those who don't know...the longer you play, the more you unlock. Several hours of unlockables...gone :hrm:
    edited October 2003
    MicroMan said
    Thanks prime for pointing that out to EVERYBODY on the forum :-)
    They say that revenge is a dish best served cold. :p

Funny, the things we remember from our childhood. :eek3:
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited October 2003
    No bull****ing, I had the same thing happen to me with Baulder's Gate on XBOX. A friend and I had been playing for about 4 days and has gotten pretty far. We only needed about an hour more to beat it. I would bring my XBOX to his house to play sometimes since we dont have memory cards and just use the hard drive space. I went home and left my XBOX there and he had another friend come over. The friend that came over played for like 5 minutes and saved over our game. I was so pissed. But. . . . thats why man made cheats ;). Put them in and we were on our way.
    edited October 2003
    yea i am gonna get a level cheat and get back to where i was and put in a cheat to get my 75K back in cash and armor
    edited October 2003
    Gnomewizardd said
    yea i am gonna get a level cheat and get back to where i was and put in a cheat to get my 75K back in cash and armor
    It's not really cheating in this case - you're just correcting an error, which wasn't your fault. Good luck with the rest of the game.
    :wave:
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited October 2003
    There is a glitch where you drop all your valuable items, then load your current character and pick up the stuff you dropped. Sell it and buy some kool weapons. Rinse and Repeat :)