HIS Excalibur 9600 Pro

T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Anybody have experience with this card? I know the 9600 series is kind of a lemon compared to the 9500 and 9700 series, but those are no longer in production (except the All-in-wonder 9700 Pro). Is it pretty much equal to the stock built-by-ATI 9600 Pro?

How does it OC? The R9600 Pro does overclock significantly according to some built-by-ATI results I've seen. Wonder how the HIS does.

Finally, is the heatsink supposed to be on slightly loosely? It's attached with plastic studs with springs on them, and I can actually lift up one corner by pushing down on the opposite one without too much force.

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    T-Bird,

What i would do if i where you is to get a couple of bolts, springs and nuts to replace those plastic things with. At the same time, apply a nice layer of AS3 on the GPU core cause i doubt that they use anything remotely close to be called thermal compound at stock. With the bolts, the heatsink/fan will have a lot better contact and thereby cool the card better.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited June 2003
    Thanks. I kind of figured on doing that unless there was some sort of compelling reason not to - going by your post, there isn't ;)