Best Graphics Card < $200

McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
edited March 2006 in Hardware
Current:

Athlon XP 2600
1 gig of ram
Radeon 8500
Abit NF7S 2.0

Need a new vid. card....fast enough for COD2/Far Cry...and AGP 8x and less than 200$...whats the best for me today?

Also random mac. question...can I use a logitech type mouse with a mac...like ibook style....

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Hi McBain ...I ran an advanced search at newegg for agp cards up to $200 ...this is what I came up with.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&N=2000380048+4017+1069609639&Subcategory=48&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=
    Looks like at that price you can get 256-bit and 12 pipes new ...very good performance actually!:rockon: Personally some of the refurbed cards look a little more attractive but not by much.
  • edited March 2006
    The refurb PNY GeForce 6800GS looks to be a good choice. They are supposed to overclock like mad.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I wonder how good those 7600GT's are....
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2006
    I agree with mudd, the 6800GS is a great choice for AGP 8X. The X800GTO is also a good card with a lot of tweaking possibilities. I think Jimborae had some success unlocking the pipelines on it to essentially create an X800XT.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited March 2006
    6800gs looks like the winner....i'll wait till closer to the lan before i splooge on the card...thanks guys
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Please.... please don't splooge on it :(
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited March 2006
    Lol! :eek:
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited March 2006
    Please.... please don't splooge on it :(

Ehm....I meant splurge....splooge came out....erhm.....can I claim freudian?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    I was afraid it was freudian :(
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Is that the new TIM buzzword nowadays? :werr:
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    Let us know how the 6800GS works out for you! :) I have a 7800GS and the thing is a tank :) "I have to many graphic cards :) "
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    McBain wrote:
    ....splooge came out....

Oh my God - I opened this thread to see what's the best $200 video card right now, and, well, just look at what I got instead!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Oh my God - I opened this thread to see what's the best $200 video card right now, and, well, just look at what I got instead!
    Are you saying you've been splooged? :scratch::rant: