Short Media LAN 2006

Comments

• edited May 2006
    CBDroege wrote:
    I'm also bringing my own mattress... Well okay, it really more of a pool toy with a sheet over it... but it's good enough for me.

Just be careful you don't wake up in the pond...:rarr:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    -tk and I have already discussed throwing one of the following three people into the pond at some point:

CBDroege
    Thrax
    TheSMJ

So, keep your eyes open.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    OMG the pond I have heard is evil... dark things grow in the pond
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2006
    Tie FisherBoy around their neck first. :ninja:

On second thought, I've lived a full life - drown me instead... :zombie:
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    -tk and I have already discussed throwing one of the following three people into the pond at some point:

CBDroege
    Thrax
    TheSMJ

So, keep your eyes open.

I vote for all three!!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Why would I be thrown in the pond? :( That wouldn't be very nice.
    edited May 2006
    CBDroege wrote:
    Why would I be thrown in the pond? :( That wouldn't be very nice.
    It wouldn't be personal, I'm sure. :)

But - it sure as hell would be entertaining for the rest of us! :vimp:
    edited May 2006
    profdlp wrote:
    It wouldn't be personal, I'm sure. :)

If I ended up in the pond, it would become personal. I was able to be a good sport about the noogies I got last year, but my sense of humor has limits, and 'tossed in the pond' is way beyond those limits. I would take it as a personal physical attack, and would treat it accordingly.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    CBDroege wrote:
    If I ended up in the pond, it would become personal. I was able to be a good sport about the noogies I got last year, but my sense of humor has limits, and 'tossed in the pond' is way beyond those limits. I would take it as a personal physical attack, and would treat it accordingly.

Dont get him mad, knifes start commen out every which way.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    CBDroege wrote:

That's why you're a candidate. :crazy:

The common vein I see between the three candidates on the list for the pond is a certain air of party-pooperishness that comes out more often than any of the other LAN attendees. I have a feeling it is personal. ;)

Unfortunately, it's that same party-pooperishness that leads me to believe that the pond victim might just sulk off and call the cops, while the rest of us have a great chuckle and call the waaambulance. :tongue2:
    edited May 2006
    hit_nail_on_head.jpg

:thumbsup:
    edited May 2006
    I believe strongly in the golden rule.

I would never, ever throw someone in a pond thinking that it was funny or friendly. I never play practical jokes on people, and I don't pick on people for their disabilities.

I expect reciprical treatment. If you want to play a joke on someone, play it on the type of person who also plays jokes on people.

It's not like I'm the type of person who 'dishes it out, but can't take it'. I never 'dish it out', and I ask respectfully, that no 'dishing out' be directed toward myself, either.

Just leave me out of the whole dishing process. :)
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    This discussion makes me less likely to enjoy this event. I thought the idea was to bring everyone together, not isolate people as "party-poopers" and threaten them if they come. How is that being a friend? Sounds like a bully to me.
    edited May 2006
    What's wrong with you guys? This is a joke. Nobody is going in the pond, you guys need to lighten up :shakehead
    edited May 2006
    Jeez, guys. Lighten up is right. You're starting to sound like my dad at a particularly argumentative family function: "Now look what you've done. You've ruined Thanksgiving for me!"

And really, in general people isolate themselves as party poopers, nobody else needs to do it for them.

50% of what happens around this place needs to be viewed with a sense of humor in order to be interpreted correctly, and the other half is SVT threads.
    edited May 2006
    I figured that it was a joke, but people have done more inapropriate things before in the name of fun, and I just wanted to make it clear that I am not to be the target of these things. I thought that you were joking about the noogies last year, and I ended up sadly mistaken.

I don't really care if that labels me as a party-pooper. Personally, I feel it's a respect issue, not a sportsmanship issue, but I'm used to being misunderstood by now, and labels stopped bothering me in gradeschool.
    edited May 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    ...50% of what happens around this place needs to be viewed with a sense of humor in order to be interpreted correctly, and the other half is SVT threads.
    Byte'n time. ;D
    edited May 2006
    While my particular sense of humor might think that throwing someone in the pond was rather funny (and of course the amount of alcohol I've had would increase the hilarity) I would only find it funny if the person that was the target thought it was funny as well... I realize that not everyone has the same sense of humor as me, and since CB is my friend I know his views on such things and would never throw him in a pond... That GHoosdum guy on the other hand, he's pretty skinny so I think I could pretty easily make him go in the drink... :wink:
    edited May 2006
    He would float. All those veggies he eats....
    edited May 2006
    OK, but it would still be fun...
    edited May 2006
    He would float. All those veggies he eats....

Actually I don't eat all that many veggies. I'd float because of the "crap rises to the top" principle.
    edited May 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Actually I don't eat all that many veggies. I'd float because of the "crap rises to the top" principle.

Well ****, if that's the case then I would probably hover over the water... ;D
    edited May 2006
    Got a nice heavy box today containing a set of Logitech Z-2300 THX certified 2.1 speakers thanks to EA Games today.

I hope a local wins this! It would be a bitch to ship home! :D
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited May 2006
    Hay guys, I'm coming next year. You can throw me in the pond. Lord knows I've been thrown in lots of ponds in my life =D
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    jradmin wrote:
    Hay guys, I'm coming next year. You can throw me in the pond. Lord knows I've been thrown in lots of ponds in my life =D
    You ever been in Lake Michigan? :ninja::p
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Let's road-trip to Lake Superior and deep six 'im.
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited May 2006
    Black Hawk wrote:
    You ever been in Lake Michigan? :ninja::p

Lol actually ya. After graduating USN boot camp in 97.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Got a nice heavy box today containing a set of Logitech Z-2300 THX certified 2.1 speakers thanks to EA Games today.

I hope a local wins this! It would be a bitch to ship home! :D

Just the speakers so far? you should be getting alot more very soon.

Also I have noticed a nice new sponsor to the list for the LAN prizes!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    nice speakers dang.
  • edited May 2006
    Next year we should regester with LANParty.com if we want a party of a couple hundred. :P