Hello! Welcome to Icrontic Forums. We, the volunteers of the Spyware & Virus Removal Forum
are here to help you remove malware that has sneaked onto your computer without your consent.
If you are a guest viewing this page looking for assistance on removing malware that is stopping you from using your computer, then we kindly ask that you register at the forums so that you can post a HijackThis log for one of the many experts to look at.
How to register for the Icrontic Forums
This is a Malware Removal/Preparation Guide
and only that! This guide will not
help with slow PC's. A slow PC is not always an indication of a malware problem.
If you came here because of a slow PC, I suggest reading through the "Slow Computer? Check here first; it may not be malware
" thread before proceeding with this guide.
Follow the instructions below on how to download and run HijackThis to produce a log and create a thread in the Spyware & Virus Removal Forum so you can post your HijackThis log.
- Downloading HijackThis and creating a log!
to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Save the log to a convenient location as you'll need to post it soon.
- Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
- Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
- Creating your thread!
Before you create a thread for help, please ensure you have the following ready to post!
- HijackThis Log
- A description of your problem(s)
Excellent! Almost There!
Now, go to the Spyware & Virus Removal Forum
and create your own thread.
Start by explaining your problem(s), and then post your HijackThis log. Give your thread a suitable title. Saying "Please help" or "Help needed" is not a good thread title.
Once you have created your thread, do not post in it. The experts here look for threads with 0 replies and by replying to your thread, the helpers assume you are receiving help as your thread no longer shows 0 replies.
Thank you and someone should be along to help you out soon!