Network Connection Popup Baloon

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited April 2006 in Science & Tech
That stupid baloon that comes up is starting to get on my last nerve, I KNOW I am connected. But it won't go away, sometimes it'll come up randomly for no appearent reason saying it connected to my wireless network, being in a game which plays in a window it for some reason BOGS down my gameplay. Either way I wanna get rid of it, any ideas?

Comments

• NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited April 2006
    Pop it!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I don't have the magic needle anymore.... :(
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I think this is what your looking for.....:thumbsup: It will turn off all balloon popups in Win XP..
    This is a registry change, so anyone giving this info out would recommend you do a backup before you change anything.
    Use at your own risk.....
    Registry Editor, click Start, select Run, type regedit, and click OK. In the left plane, click HKEY_CURRENT_USER, then Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, Explorer, and Advanced. You'll now see a list of DWORD values listed in the right pane. Right-click a blank space in this right pane. Choose New and DWORD Value, name it EnableBalloonTips, and click OK. Double-click this new entry and assign a hexadecimal value of 0 in the Edit DWORD Value dialog box. Click OK, close Registry Editor, and restart your system.
    If you don't want to go through all that or are not sure of how to do it.
    Here's an alternative......... http://xp-antispy.org/index.php?option=com_remository&func=sellang&iso=en
    It has a disable balloon tips box you can put a check in.
    There's a lot of other stuff in XP you can stop with it too.
    But be careful what you disable with it.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    hmm. so where is the guru at thats what i want to know. (sorry to thread crap)

but cant you make that modification in tweak ui?
  • edited April 2006
    but cant you make that modification in tweak ui?
    Thats what I was gonna say. Tweak UI is good, never have a windows install without it :)
  • Private_SnoballPrivate_Snoball Dover AFB, DE, USA
    edited April 2006
    No need for TweakUI.

Control panel > Network Connections > Properties of the Network you havea active > Uncheck the boxes that say "Show icon in Notification area when selected" and "Notify when this connection has limited or no connectivity."

No more balloons :)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    ^^Works too
  • edited April 2006
    You can also use TweakUI to get rid of balloon tips atogether, this will disable balloons telling you that your A/V has updated and other annoying things.
  • GuyuteGuyute Gamehenge
    edited April 2006
    My question is that as soon as I upgraded to SP2, the "limited or no connectivity" window appeared, and I read that Windows automatically bottlenecks data to help prevent an intruder. Can I stop this?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Sounds like you have a bad network card or cable. When the "limited or no connectivity" keeps popping up, there is definitely a problem. If everything is 100% good, you should never ever see that balloon.