Anybody have BF2 Euro Forces?

sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
edited April 2006 in Gaming
The number of servers for the original BF2 (with latest patch) are just dwindling to nothing... so I guess I'll need to get Euro Forces if I want to keep playing, since I'm sure all the servers have switched to it. So - does anyone here have Euro Forces? Is it better than Special Forces I hope?

Comments

• NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited April 2006
    Really? Are you using the in-game browser? I'm having absolutely no trouble finding any BF2 servers (without EF or SF) on them and I have it filtered to only show 64-player servers in the US. If you're using the in-game browser, I suggest getting The All-Seeing-Eye instead. It can be setup to allow you to automatically launch and connect to a server. I have SF, but rarely play it. I haven't bought EF because a couple new maps and re-skinning of models doesn't warrant $10. The stuff EA/DICE sell is the stuff VALVe would give away free to their loyal customers. BF2 is by far my favorite game right now though, in spite of EA's negligence in content updates and patching/fixing the game.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited April 2006
    Yeah I think I just use the in-game browser - what should I be using? My filters found I think only 2 servers the other day. I'd LOVE a filter for US only - where can I get those? Thanks
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    Just go to server 72.232.0.162
    edited April 2006
    Okay I'm home now and ready to play some BF2. I'll try to connect to that server (72.232.0.162). What server is it? And do I need to download anything else for a new server browser or something? Thanks
    edited April 2006
    Okay I tried to connect, but it said I have an older version than the server. The version number in the top right of my screen (under the Quit button) is 1.1.2716-548.0 and according to THIS I have the latest patch. I did see something under Community and Game Update (I think) that showed 1.21 and a button that says Activate - what does that do?? Do I need to do that?
    edited April 2006
    Most of the servers that show up in The-All-Seeing-Eye are Euro Forces, and there's no filter for my current version.
    edited April 2006
    Just looked again - didn't find a single server running my version... so I'm going to have to get Euro Forces.

What I have according to EA Support:
    Version 1.21 patch installed 1.1.2716-548.0
  • MountainDewMountainDew Kentwood, MI
    edited April 2006
    you need patch 1.22, came out a little bit ago

that should fix your server findings
    edited April 2006
    Of course... right after I go and download Euro Forces :rant:

Man this evening SUCKS!!! GRRRRR If Euro Forces doesn't really rock, I might throw something.

EDIT: I need the 1.22 patch AND Euro Forces installed, don't I? Gotta go get the patch now..