What will Happen?

Yayo01Yayo01 Member
edited April 2006 in Hardware
If i added more fans on my pc because i live in a hot place (pc overheating is common)?? since i cant afford those water cooling stuff and fans are cheap here!

heres a diagram of what i want (SIDE VIEW PIC)

Fan#N (N Takes from 1 to 7) is the planned settings. :)

so? will my pc explode or what? xD

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    I would skip fans #1, 2, 5, and 6 at first and see what happens - the case doesn't have nearly enough exhaust.
  • edited April 2006
    It might help if you make the top mounted fans exhaust fans. Like GH said, the way you have it presently drawn up, you don't have enough exhaust fans.
  • edited April 2006
    THIS might help you out on airflow. written by our very own MediaMan

bikerboy
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited April 2006
    120mm infront under the HDD blowing in. 80-90MM on the left side panel blowing on GPU/CPU(if your looking at the front of the comp). 120mm on the back blowing out (or 2 80mm if 120mm isn't possiable). 80-90mm blowing out the top.

I totally dissargee with any fans on the bottem sucking into the case. All your doing there is sucking every dust bunny in that rolls by.

This config also places your fans in the optimal range for the right air temps. Intakes are low, and exhausts are high. Cold air sinks and warm air rises =)

Also, invest in filters for your fan. You can find them at www.frozencpu.com
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited April 2006
    i gotta agree with jradmin, you need an intake at the front blowing in, thats pretty powerful. I do however suggest that you put the fan in front of the harddrive so you cool the harddrive and add airflow simultaneously.

Also, as far as the bottom of the case, i gotta go with the JR again...baaaad idea... no matter how clean your house is, a fan on the bottom will just negate all the coolness its capable of.

I do believe that a side can can always help, since its always a good thing to give the cpu extra airflow.

Also, one or two fans, about 92 or 80 mm at the back is definalty a good idea, it just helps the air coming from the front fan to be sucked outside so it just doesn't sit there and heat up.

if you are really adventerous and possess a dremel, or if your like me, a pair of hedge clippers you can go ahead and add a 120mm fan to the top of your case since all hot air rises up and it must be spat out...immediatly! But if you have a full and heavy duty server tower on your hands, it wouldnt do much. But if you have an entry level i guess it couldnt hurt. Also, i would put the fane somwhere in the middle, in between where the cdrom ands and where the psu begins.

Also, a quick question about your PSU, does it not have a fan underneath it sucking air into it and then the exhaust spitting it out? And also, make sure you have a powerful PSU, nothing less than 500watts will do for that many fans. I somehow have 3 harddrives, a cd burner, and 4 fans in my 550w antec true power... even though my harddrives fail every now and then, damn maxtor
  • Yayo01Yayo01 Member
    edited April 2006
    hmmm...something struck my mind yesterday....i was thinking...Why Bother with fans? if i removethe side cover off the PC and Put a Fan Beside it? and the fan i was thinking is...an industrial one..not the really huge ones..but perfect for homes xD

u think my crazy idea will cool my PC? :p
  • jradminjradmin North Kackalaki
    edited April 2006
    It will cool it, but it will look shi**y honestly. Your also blowing a ton of dust into your case, so you might as well just start beating on the inside of it with a hammer at that point.