Backup Exec 10 Notification Issue

CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
edited May 2006 in Science & Tech
Hey, guys.

I have two servers running Backup Exec 10, and each night we have the log file emailed to us when the backup completes. I'm having some issues now, though, and any help would be appreciated.

Server one: We've always received a log file, but we also get a second email notification with identical information, minus the log file attachment. Now, it's not a big deal since we receive the log file and I don't have to hunt it down, but it's a minor annoyance that I'd like to get rid of if anyone knows how.

Server two: The log stopped being sent approximately one week ago. We get the email, but there is no attachment. The email is the general "backup failed," "backup incomplete," or "backup successful," but has no log file attached.

Any suggestions for where this might be coming from? It's very difficult to find anything on this problem. I'm hoping someone has dealt with this before. Thanks!

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Yeow. Thirty-six views and no reply. ;)

Any ideas? I still haven't been able to find a solution.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Unfortunately, I do not have any Backup Exec's server's under my control. Sorry. But I'll bump this thread for you....
  • sgtwilliamssgtwilliams Grand Rapids MI
    edited May 2006
    Still running version 9, I have not had log files sent to me in a while and I do recall a similar problem. I willl go back and dig out some emails to see if I can at least confirm I was having the same problem.

And the only thing I hate worse than calling Veritas support is calling Symantec support. Oh wait never mind............
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited May 2006
    And the only thing I hate worse than calling Veritas support is calling Symantec support. Oh wait never mind............

I most heartedly agree....

I use V 10, but don't have the log file mailed to me.. I just log in and check it... one benefit to a small co...
    edited May 2006
    Damn it! I hate Symantec! I hate Veritas! I hate Computer Associates (we use ArcServe Backup in our other branches)! Grrr!

I'm still looking for a solution. I've come across nothing. :(
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited May 2006
    Go into tools and go to assign recipients to alert catagories. In there, there's an option to include the log file. I'd just set it up with the basics, job failed, job partially succeded, etc.
    edited May 2006
    That's what I actually did just last night. Some of the settings were screwy. It was also setup to send an alert from within the created job, so we were getting multiple logs.

I turned off the notification within the job, and just used the procedure described above and it's working great now. Thanks. :)