I Think It's Time to Pass the Torch

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited June 2006 in Folding@Home
Hi folks! Long time no see. I don't get much chance to get around these parts any more, maybe lurk for an hour or so every couple of months.

So I'm thinking that maybe SM22 belongs with someone more directly involved in the site and the team. Don't get me wrong, I'm not desparate to give her up and for as long as you want she has a safe home here. But I honestly don't check up on her as often as I should, much as I am loathe to admit it - and I haven't updated the F@H version in a year or more. It used to be there were multiple members clamouring to be involved - here's an opportunity to, as I say in the title, pass the torch.

Don't worry about shipping costs, I'm well able to pick that up whether it be directly to a new 'owner' or back to the team admin. She runs fine, though is a very very basic machine by today's standards.

So...think about it and let me know. I'll turn on notifications so I get an email if/when someone PM's me on the subject.

Our personal rigs are still running F@H for 93, I'll always be a part of the team to some degree, just might be a while yet before I can be as active around here as I once was.

Kent

Comments

• edited June 2006
    Or you could just come back more often... we miss you!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Good to see Keto :)

Il talk with the team and see what they think. SM22 is steady as she goes.. for which we are always thankful :D

:fold:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Thanks for being open about it. Your honor is intact, Sir!
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2006
    TheSmJ wrote:
    Or you could just come back more often... we miss you!
    Agreed. :)

It will be tough to find a replacement who is up to the standard you have set. But like Shorty said, we'll do what we can.

It is good to hear from you. :cheers:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Reminds me of Tenacious D's "Dio"

It's time to pass the torch
    you're too old, so now,
    no more rockin' for you!

We're takin' you to a home,
    but we will sing a song about you

And we will make sure that you're very well taken care of
    Now tell us all the secrets that you've learned...
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    Dio, time to go,
    You must give your cape and scepter to me,
    and a smaller one for Shorty...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2006
    hahahah that fits perfectly ;D