Steel Battalion Sequel News.

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited October 2003 in Gaming
For the rest of you Steel Battalion jockeys out there (if any;D), the next installment was confirmed at E3 and will be live compatible. How'd I miss this??!?! I knew it was rumored in the works, but wasn't sure if it was confirmed or not, now I know. Can't wait for this one.

http://www.capcom.com/e32003/steel_battalion_line_of_contact/index.html

http://www.capcom.com/SB/index.html
(Little blurb in yellow at the bottom)

Comments

• McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited October 2003
    Yeah novak....I think your pretty much alone there pal.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    **sigh** Guess that means no SM clan. Off to learn Japanese.....
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited October 2003
    Cool idea, but I think it isn't popular because of the price. $200 and a steep learning curve don't mix well with most of the gamers that just play for a few minutes of enjoyment.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Templar said
    Cool idea, but I think it isn't popular because of the price. $200 and a steep learning curve don't mix well with most of the gamers that just play for a few minutes of enjoyment.

There are other activities that takee only 1 or 2 minutes, and it depends on YOU how long it takes... if you can't handle games then you shouldn't handle anything else.
    :ninja:
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited October 2003
    RWB said
    Templar said

There are other activities that takee only 1 or 2 minutes, and it depends on YOU how long it takes... if you can't handle games then you shouldn't handle anything else.
    :ninja:

I say steep learning curve because the thing has like 100 something buttons of the included pad that you need to play it.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Eh, I wouldn't call it that steep, least it was fun to learn cause it just tossed you into battles. The $200 was the problem, but luckily I convinced my GF I wanted it horribly bad, and she bought it for me!! Gotta love her. All I had to do was buy the XBox :)

The controller is actually very easy to use, and many of the buttons are one time use to start the VT up. The thing to learn is coordinating the two joysticks and the pedals. When you get good, you're shifting gears, dodging to the right, targeting an enemy, and smoking him, all at the same time!! Soooo sweet.....
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited October 2003
    Well if Capcom sold out of the first one, then the game was more popular than they ever hoped. Capcom usually makes some good games?

In anycase unless the game stole my life from me like *cough* counterstrike (which was free) when it first came out, I couldn't justify the huge cost.
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited October 2003
    Glad to hear it wasn't cancelled after all. Maybe I'll finally have a reason to not hate myself for having bought an xbox. SB online is about the only thing that could convince me to try XBox live as well. This'll be the first xbox game I've bought since January (Panzer Dragoon), lol.